2018 Off Season Thread

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Here are 9 transferring QBs. Who would y'all pick out of this list?

Drew Barker Kentucky 1 year of eligibility

Jeff George Jr Illinois 2 years of eligibility

Alex Malzone Michigan 2 years of eligibility

Jalen McClendon NCSU 1 year of eligibility

James Morgan BGSU 2 years of eligibility

Jacob Park Iowa State 1 year of eligibility

Even Sherriffs Miami 1 year of eligibility

Wilton Speight Michigan 1 year of eligibility

Alex Thomson Wagner 1 year of eligibility

Too bad none of these QBs fit GT's offense

I think Tennessee could very well talk to Jeff George Jr, Alex Malzone, Alex Thomson and Wilton Speight
We all figure out where we fit eventually. The pecking order applies in the classroom, the board room and on the playing field. Too many of these kids are told for so long that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and it takes the reality check of being surrounded by bigger, faster, stronger, more talented players to get their heads out of the clouds. For many, they passed up other opportunities where they could have developed, matured and excelled because they were blinded by the lights and glitz...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We all figure out where we fit eventually. The pecking order applies in the classroom, the board room and on the playing field. Too many of these kids are told for so long that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and it takes the reality check of being surrounded by bigger, faster, stronger, more talented players to get their heads out of the clouds. For many, they passed up other opportunities where they could have developed, matured and excelled because they were blinded by the lights and glitz...

otoh, you don't know what your true ceiling is until you engage in the next level of competition. That is why I admire the kids who sign with Bama. They know what they are up against when they accept the scholarship...4 or 5 guys just as "highly recommended" (as Coach says) as themselves at their position. I worry about the recruit who is taking the path of least resistance for playing time.
Every program, including ours, will have guys who sign and never play a meaningful snap of FB. Some accept that, some will leave for greener pastures.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
otoh, you don't know what your true ceiling is until you engage in the next level of competition. That is why I admire the kids who sign with Bama. They know what they are up against when they accept the scholarship...4 or 5 guys just as "highly recommended" (as Coach says) as themselves at their position. I worry about the recruit who is taking the path of least resistance for playing time.
Every program, including ours, will have guys who sign and never play a meaningful snap of FB. Some accept that, some will leave for greener pastures.
I heard that every player that has stayed for his full scholarship period under Saban has a natty ring. Pretty good consolation prize for toughing it out.

I still say our stody - if you are really a 4 5 star you will gst lots of p t.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee still hasn't fixed the sign outside of Neyland Stadium that has a 30 by 30 picture of Butch Jones flanked by Reggie White and General Neyland:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious: Tennessee AD Phil Fulmer said it's not an easy process to fix the sign however Florida State removed Jimbo Fisher's likeness from a sign outside of Doak Campbell Stadium in a week:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious: