2018 NBA Draft/Atlanta Hawks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Do you see Trae falling far enough? I can't imagine it but that's just my opinion.

The other thing that I am wondering about is if the Hawks are actually looking to take Luka at 3, why would they trade back up to take Lonnie Walker who plays the same position? People can say Luka is a point guard all they want but he is a 2 all the way...if you think Trae Young trying to stay in front of 1s would be bad

I didn't think he would fall, but it seems like teams are favoring SGA and Sexton due to size and defensive concerns.

I don't think the Walker rumors are real.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
you are about to have the 8th and 11th pick...does that get you a little excited? Lol
Watch them take the duo that "could have should have" ended up at tech in Wendell Carter and Young Bull Sexton
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Take a Duke kid to "please" fans and take Sexton to replace soon to be traded for 6'6 Athletic Shooting Guard that can't shoot + 2nd round pick Kemba Walker.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Take a Duke kid to "please" fans and take Sexton to replace soon to be traded for 6'6 Athletic Shooting Guard that can't shoot + 2nd round pick Kemba Walker.

Heh. You really think the UNC mafia is taking a Duke kid to appease the Carolina fans?

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Top 10
1. Deandre Ayton
2. Marvin Bagley III
3. Luka Doncic (traded to Dallas)
4. Jaren Jackson Jr.
5. Trae Young (traded to the Hawks)
6. Mo Bamba
7. Wendall Carter
8. Collin Sexton
9. Kevin Knox
10. Mikal Bridges

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
A lot of disappointed people on Twitter tonight lol....but myself, I am really happy with the draft.

Also....can I get get some credit for saying we would trade back with Dallas for an extra pick :cool:

Trae Young has the potential to be a franchise changer and at the very least an attendance changer.

Huerter was who I wanted at #19 and has that shooting form for dayssssss. Kind of sucks he can't play in summer league though.

At 30, I wanted Moe Wagner but we ended up with another stretch big in Omari Spellman. If you haven't noticed yet, we followed a trend: all three players have GS player comps haha
Trae-Steph
Huerter-Klay
Spellman-Draymond

If they end up anything like them...we are in business!

*I'm kinda sad we traded the 34th pick for future 2nds. I wanted Bates-Diop or Thomas but can't really complain about even more assets*

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you think Huerter has a better upside than JO? Huerter is probably a better shooter at this point, but more of a spot up guy (less ability to create, less energy and defense too imo). I think it’ll be fun to watch who was the better career between the shooting guards at 19-22. Huerter, Josh, Allen and Hutchison when all is said and done.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Do you think Huerter has a better upside than JO? Huerter is probably a better shooter at this point, but more of a spot up guy (less ability to create, less energy and defense too imo). I think it’ll be fun to watch who was the better career between the shooting guards at 19-22. Huerter, Josh, Allen and Hutchison when all is said and done.
I think Okogie can be better in the long run. Huerter just seemed like a better fit for what the GM right now

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
My post 1 - 5 was all correct except #4 (Jackson picked instead of Bamba). Hawks wanted Young all along (some staff J Jack Jr) and did a good of selling they were after Doncic.
All along I wanted Doncic or Young, so I like the draft. Spellman is nice at 30, he was awesome in the NCAA tourney, and NBA combine, Did see the player from Maryland much.