2018 Coaching Carousel

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
I would laugh for days if Smart abandoned the dwags. Their fans thought he was the second-coming, the one who would guide them to the promised land that Rev. Richt could never reach. I hope he goes to Tampa, Georgia hires Butch Jones, and the cesspool once again embraces mediocre football.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would laugh for days if Smart abandoned the dwags. Their fans thought he was the second-coming, the one who would guide them to the promised land that Rev. Richt could never reach. I hope he goes to Tampa, Georgia hires Butch Jones, and the cesspool once again embraces mediocre football.

What in the world has an NFL seen in him that would make him someone you'd want to hire?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well this is certainly interesting.

https://ohiostate.rivals.com/news/s...ot-return-as-ohio-state-defensive-coordinator

Few on here pounded that table that Schiano deserved to coach P5 teams (Tennessee, anyone remember that one?)...but looks like Schiano's stock has fallen to the point he's not even being retained at OSU. Wonder what's going on with that.

BTW...as much talent as OSU gets, Schiano came in at 47 DFEI this year. That's just not acceptable with that much talent at OSU.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Well this is certainly interesting.

https://ohiostate.rivals.com/news/s...ot-return-as-ohio-state-defensive-coordinator

Few on here pounded that table that Schiano deserved to coach P5 teams (Tennessee, anyone remember that one?)...but looks like Schiano's stock has fallen to the point he's not even being retained at OSU. Wonder what's going on with that.

BTW...as much talent as OSU gets, Schiano came in at 47 DFEI this year. That's just not acceptable with that much talent at OSU.
I wish Greg Schiano would come to GT and be defensive coordinator;)

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt interviewed Steve Sarkisian and Matt Canada for the vacant Tennessee offensive coordinator position last week and the word going around is that he will also interview UGAG offensive coordinator Jim Chaney sometime this week.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Blake Baker has been named Defensive Coordinator/Inside Linebackers coach for Miami. Ephraim Banda has been named Miami C0-Defensive Coordinator/Safeties Coach. Jonathan Patke has been named Miami Outside Linebackers Coach. Mike Simpson will remain as Associate Head Coach/Defensive Line Coach for Miami

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Brad Childress of the Atlanta Legends of the Alliance of American Football has quit before a game was even played and assistant coach Kevin Coyle has been promoted to head coach of the Atlanta Legends:rolleyes: This is a bad omen for the Atlanta Legends and the Alliance of American Football:cigar: