2018 ACC Football Kickoff

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Some good stuff in here.
Sugiura: How TaQuon Marshall plans to improve passing from 2017
He said he got in trouble when he rushed his feet last season. He also acknowledged that he sometimes left the pocket too early.

“I know I catch myself sometimes – if the first option isn’t there, I kind of peek at the second option, but don’t really think to throw it to him, and I go ahead and get outside the pocket because, of course, I’m really good with my legs,” Marshall said. “But I’m trying to stay in the pocket a little bit more.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Why Brant Mitchell loves Quez Jackson ‘to death’
At the ACC Kickoff, Tech linebacker and captain Brant Mitchell offered his endorsement of Jackson’s ability, including a significant comparison.

“I love Quez to death,” Mitchell said. “He’s a good kid, and he kind of reminds me of P.J. Davis the way he kind of carries himself and how he acts and the fire that he has and the motor that he has.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Hummer: Tech’s Johnson holds his ground like his team holds the ball
Speaking Wednesday at the ACC Football Kickoff here in Charlotte, Johnson talked fondly of his vacation home in the mountains of this state. The funniest thing happens, he said, whenever he visits there.

“There are a lot of supporters from the schools here in North Carolina. And it’s ironic when I come up here, and they think what we’ve done (at Tech) is amazing,” Johnson said.

“But, yet, a lot of people who are your supporters think, ‘Aw, we should be doing better than this.’ But they can’t really offer you any statistics to tell you why. It’s just because.”

slugboy

Staff member
When: This Wed and Thurs, July 18-19, in Charlotte.

Student-athletes representing GT are TaQuon Marshall and Brant Mitchell.

Coastal Division interviews with student-athletes and coaches will take place Wednesday, 11:15am-5:30pm. Georgia Tech is slated for 12:30-1pm.

ACC Kickoff homepage: http://theacc.com/sports/2018/7/5/2018-kickoff.aspx

Live stream: http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3405242/2018-acc-football-media-days

Wait, wait. It’s a bragging point that ACC divisions aren’t geographically aligned???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
For those who don't want to hunt for the GT interviews here's a little help.

TM - 44:45

BM - 50:30

CPJ - 56:50

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've got PLENTY of stats to tell you CPJ
“But, yet, a lot of people who are your supporters think, ‘Aw, we should be doing better than this.’ But they can’t really offer you any statistics to tell you why. It’s just because.”

This pretty much sums up what you just said. You said you have PLENTY yet you named not 1.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

This pretty much sums up what you just said. You said you have PLENTY yet you named not 1.
Hmmmmm too many to name really. But here's a big one. Missed 2 bowl games in the last 3 years! Thats a pretty big one

GTFLETCH

Banned
Swofford reveals potential ACC Network programming
Link
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-...story.html

from the ACC Kickoff/Media Days:

Next year’s launch of the ACC Network figures to change those scheduling norms. Commissioner John Swofford revealed those programming details, and more, during a one-on-one interview Wednesday afternoon. Swofford also addressed ACC Network distribution, financial projections and the revenue gap his member schools are fighting against their Power Five peers.

Swofford cemented Wednesday that the ACC will stage multiple league games to start next football season. He didn’t reveal matchups, but based on non-conference contracts already in place, the most likely candidates are Virginia Tech at Boston College, Georgia Tech at Clemson and Pittsburgh versus Syracuse or Virginia.

Most notably, Swofford said the ACC is seriously considering playing seven conference men’s basketball games, spread over multiple days, to start the 2019-20 season. One of the league’s 15 teams would have a bye, perhaps Duke — which, along with Kentucky, Kansas and Michigan State, competes in November’s annual Champions Classic.

“This is our approach to closing that gap,” Swofford said. “The SEC Network was probably an anomaly in the sense it got to its max very quickly, unlike the Big Ten Network and certainly unlike the Pac-12 Networks. And we’ve based our (revenue) projections very realistically and conservatively.”

Naturally, Swofford declines to share projections.

“Obviously the sooner the better,” he said of closing the gap, “and that’s based on distribution. Distribution’s often based on content, so we need to have the best content generally speaking that we can have on the ACC channel. And that’s how both ESPN and the ACC maximize the business proposition.”

Like the SEC, the ACC will have the power of ESPN’s parent company, Disney, to leverage cable providers into carrying its network. If a cable outfit balks at the ACC Network, Disney can withhold Disney Junior.

“I don’t think anybody can (leverage) better than Disney and ESPN,” Swofford said. “That’s a tough world … and a lot of times things go right down to the midnight hour, and it did even with the SEC Network.”

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Can't believe nobody heard him say how we have way less students than Clemson and that's a reason why we wont ever be as good as them. This guy just doesn't get it
That’s not how he said it nor is that in the right context of what he was trying to get across. It’s amazing how we can take things and not even quote it right and leave out other parts of the quote that give the meaning of what he was trying to portray. I get it, you don’t like CPJ but the dude knows what he’s doing. It seems that you have such an exspectation off winning that it clouds where the program as a whole is at and how good of a coach CPJ actually is. I don’t mean this to be rude by the way, just saying what it looks likes going on.