2018-2019 GT hoops schedule

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Could negatively impact our SOS quality, but provide a better chance to win the game.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Georgia Tech
Home/Road: Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech
Home: Boston College, Louisville, North Carolina, Pitt, Wake Forest
Road: Duke, Miami, NC State, Syracuse, Virginia

Deleted member 2897

The blue print for the 10 ACC teams who won 20+ games this year is to go 10-3 or better OOC.

If you can go 10-8 in the ACC, 10-3 OOC will get you there.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT game vs St. John's is official. Will be December 1st in Miami as part of the Hoophall Invitational.
4 games 1 day.
The other 3 games are Miami vs Yale, NC ST vs Vandy and Texas Tech vs Memphis.

Deleted member 2897

The ACC is going to be very good from top to bottom during the 2018-2019 season. I would put my money on North Carolina winning it and Duke,Virginia,NCSU and Clemson not being far behind.

Wait, we got screwed on our schedule again? What's next, a bunch of noon football games?

Deleted member 2897

I think the GT Men's Basketball team will win 19-20 games and possibly be going to the Big Dance;)

If I use my #Fredoptimism, I’d say we were likely to lose most of our road games anyway. So it’s better to put as many of our difficult games away as we can so we can try and run the table at home. If we can go something like 8-10 in the ACC, I like our chances as a bubble team.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Appears to be a typo on the game in Miami vs. St. John's.

As expected, hanging our hat on Tennessee, Northwestern, St. John's, and UGA plus the ACC schedule to give us a shot at postseason play. Now just have to win enough.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the Yellow Jackets go 9-9 in the ACC and 11-1 outside the ACC for a final record of 20-10 and an invitation to the NCAA Tournament.
I wish that strength Koolaid was available here in NC. It is hard for me to focus on the things that might have to happen for us to be 9-9 in the ACC this season. I am not sure who we can beat on the road. Maybe we can steal one game, but I would not surprised if we lost all nine. At home, we are almost certain to lose to UNC, VT, ND, FSU, Duke, and maybe Miami.

We might have a shot at 11-1 in the OOC schedule, but that will mean we have to beat all three teams that are very similar to us in "on paper" strength (Northwestern, St John's, and uga), then not screw up against any of the rest. And we have shown the ability to lose some of those games.

Putting the poor quality NC Koolaid back in the fridge, I predict we will win 5-6 games in the ACC and 8-9 games OOC. I will be happy if I am wrong (I hope) and would love to hear some logical arguments against my prediction.