2018-2019 GT hoops schedule

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For better or worse, the season is winding down to its final moments, recruiting season will be at hand and we'll have to start filling in the blanks on next year's schedule. Here's what I think may already be on the slate.
  • UGA at home
  • @ Tennessee, fulfilling our 4 game contract with them
  • ACC/B1G Challenge, thanks to beating Wake (per CJO on his radio show)
  • Rumored game against St. John's in Miami (would much rather it be in NYC for several reasons)
I'd also point out that we are not slated for a preseason tournament, as of yet. Unfortunately, another year of not returning to Charleston.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/...vents-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
For better or worse, the season is winding down to its final moments, recruiting season will be at hand and we'll have to start filling in the blanks on next year's schedule. Here's what I think may already be on the slate.
  • UGA at home
  • Rumored game against St. John's in Miami (would much rather it be in NYC for several reasons)
I'd also point out that we are not slated for a preseason tournament, as of yet. Unfortunately, another year of not returning to Charleston.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/...vents-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

The Charleston Classic is incredibly underrated. Thats a really good field too! wow. I might have to make the trek south that week.

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope we fill it out with creampuffs. ACC is going to a 20 game schedule so we need as many nonconference wins as possible. 20 ACC games plus 3 more power conference teams is going to be tough

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope we fill it out with creampuffs. ACC is going to a 20 game schedule so we need as many nonconference wins as possible. 20 ACC games plus 3 more power conference teams is going to be tough

I think you are off by a year on the 20 ACC games. The last I saw that starts in the 2020 season.

If that has changed, someone please post a link. Thanks in advance.

Old article on the ACC Network announcement linked here:
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-to-basketball-schedule-for-incoming-network/

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

Better be careful how much cream is in your puffs. If you want to have a little bubbly, the committee tends to like a little more meat with their puffs than a strict diet of cream.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
  • UGA at home

I'm going to try to make it to Thompson-Boling Arena to see Georgia Tech and Tennessee play:cool:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the best route is to schedule teams in the 150-200 range as much as possible. Still should be wins but not so bad as to completely tank the SoS.

Is you want to play the RPI game this is exactly how you should schedule.
You get hit hard for playing teams below 200 and especially below 250.
It also helps to play one of those schools on the road.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Does it even matter? I guess next year we will all see if CJP can prove what season was a fluke... last year or this year...

I hope we can win 20 plus games and get into March madness.... Just do not see it..

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
18 ACC games plus Tennessee, UGA and B1G opponent. That's 21 games against P5 competition. Assume we round out the remaining 8 or 9 games with the usual pay-for-pummel teams.
20 wins will be tall order, but is possible. A lot depends on who we play twice in the conference and who we schedule for those other OOC games.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
18 ACC games plus Tennessee, UGA and B1G opponent. That's 21 games against P5 competition. Assume we round out the remaining 8 or 9 games with the usual pay-for-pummel teams.
20 wins will be tall order, but is possible. A lot depends on who we play twice in the conference and who we schedule for those other OOC games.

And StJohns in Miami as mentioned by @dtm1997

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Is St John's definite? I thought it was just a rumor, but if real, that means 22 games against P5 competition

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You guys are talking about 20 wins and pay for pummel and all that nonsense but we lost to Grambling, Wofford, and Wright State this year. Just stop.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll be a better team next year, assuming Okogie stays and no major injuries, lawsuits, suspensions, etc.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You guys are talking about 20 wins and pay for pummel and all that nonsense but we lost to Grambling, Wofford, and Wright State this year. Just stop.

Well we beat VCU, UNC, ND and FSU last year.

See, its different each year.