2017 Offseason Thread

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We thought that would be a nice touch, too. I pursued that a little bit, a year ago. I've got to respect her/their wishes on that. I doubt it's going to happen.

No idea what her opinion is but perhaps she wants to build her brand without the influence of her dad.

Her audience is the opera world, not Tech football.
It may come as a surprise to you, but opera singers can do a pretty impressive job of singing the National Anthem; several have, in fact, sung it a various professional sports events. As far as "building her brand," I don't think singing at Tech would effect that one way or another. However, if the Johnson family would rather her not do that, then that's their right, and I am fine with it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per SB Nation....

As NCAA zeroes in on college football staff sizes, survey shows inconsistencies[/paste:font]
CBS obtained the staff sizes of every FBS football team. While there could be some ambiguity with graduate assistants and some of the other numbers, according to this data, Georgia Tech’s staff size is the second-lowest in the Power 5 - ahead of only Tennessee. Paul Johnson has said on multiple occasions he feels Georgia Tech has not provided the football program with the resources necessary to consistently compete with programs like Clemson or Georgia. Hopefully under new Athletic Director Todd Stansbury, Johnson can get more of the resources he thinks will help Tech be on a more level playing field with the elite programs on its schedule.

Way-Too-Early College Football 2017 Bowl Projections[/paste:font]
247Sports released its batch of “way-too-early” bowl projections, in which Georgia Tech is slotted to play Maryland in the Quick Lane Bowl. The last two ACC representatives in the Quick Lane Bowl have had records of 6-6 in the regular season. So in the estimation of 247, Tech will take a step back from the 8-4 regular season mark the Jackets posted last season. But while bowl projections are fun to look at, I wouldn’t put too much stock in them just yet.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame looks like they are denying reports that they will become full members. It will be interesting to see what happens to Notre Dame and college football as a whole once the cable sports TV bubble pops. We've already seen ESPN cut a lot of their reporters from financial losses. It might be more lucrative for ND to jump on as a full member to take greater advantage of the ACC Network's internet presence.