2017 Game @UCF rescheduled

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
If the game had been played and no storm had come, I’m not at all confident Tech would have gotten the W.
Exactly. Hate to burst your bubble, people. You're drinking the Kool-Aid a bit too much. UCF was a better team than us last year. That is undisputed if you ask anyone that is not a Tech fan. Fake natty or not, they were undefeated, and had really nice wins against USF, Memphis, and Auburn. Our only good win last year was VT.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Hate to burst your bubble, people. You're drinking the Kool-Aid a bit too much. UCF was a better team than us last year. That is undisputed if you ask anyone that is not a Tech fan. Fake natty or not, they were undefeated, and had really nice wins against USF, Memphis, and Auburn. Our only good win last year was VT.
Yea, I wish we had their schedule though. No telling how our season would have turned out not playing Miami, Clemson, and UGA all which were WAY better teams that Memphis, USF, and Auburn minus maybe Miami over Auburn.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember the odds last year of the gt ucf game was basically even, and I thought we were gonna kill them and was 100% ready to throw a rack on Tech straight up and the game got canceled...was super pissed at the time but will never know what would of happened.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
The arugement on Twitter was it was less of what Irma did to Orlando and more of what it did to players hometowns, apparently bunch of players went home to help out.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I live in Orlando. Storm wasn’t very bad, at all. UCF mismanaged the situation. It is what it is, time to move on.

Deleted member 2897

"Auburn, Ole Miss, UCF - nobody wants to play us"

Auburn will schedule, as an example, Washington and Clemson but they are scared of us?

Did you hear about all the teams we called to get a 12th game? We even offered to play on the road anywhere anytime. Nobody wants to play us. Or you could say nobody prefers to play us. Maybe you should call Auburn, Ole Miss, Alabama - call around and ask. See what they say. I’d be curious. Because we’re not the ones canceling.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Just checked again and sure enough Orlando wasn't even foretasted to be in Irma's path. This was published September 10th, game was scheduled for the 16th. Disney reopened the 13th. We should have requested another home game as compensation for rescheduling this canceled game.
View attachment 3950
The worst damage during a hurricane is, generally, to the northeast of the eye. With that projected path, it's conceivable that Orlando might have incurred significant damage.