Film Room 2017 Football Season

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If the Slot was on the line he would be ineligible,

Okay. For some reason, I thought that only the last man on the LOS with an eligible number was eligible so that he would be covered up by either the slot or the WR on the LOS, and that the WR would have covered up the slot if he had been on the line as well.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Okay. For some reason, I thought that only the last man on the LOS with an eligible number was eligible so that he would be covered up by either the slot or the WR on the LOS, and that the WR would have covered up the slot if he had been on the line as well.

I was saying both but I believe you are right based on this
BEDF7082-691A-4D60-8A36-B765C1DFEEB4.png

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Unless things have changed recently the two outside players on the line of scrimmage are eligible plus those in the backfield. If the tackle on one side is the most outside player on the line of scrimmage then they report as being eligible.
If there is a slot back on the line of scrimmage and he is "covered" i.e. Has a wide receiver on the line outside of him then he is ineligible. That is why when you see 3 receivers together only one is on the line.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My MacBook is acting crazy right now, so I’m not sure when I’ll have the vids up.

1) I used Pitt for example. First thing to remember is there must be 7 guys on the LOS at all times presnap
View attachment 2921
All the circles are eligible receivers that can go downfield.

2) In order to make an ineligible to eligible receiver, you either have do as they did and pass behind the LOS or that guy on the line must have RB or TE type # and someone replace him the 5th blocker

The tight end you circled is not eligible as he is "covered up" by the WR. The LOT is eligible unless there is another WR not in the picture covering him up.