2017 Coaching Carousel

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one that finds it weird that Baylor's coach turned down the Colts job? I mean, even if you don't think you'll end up liking the gig, cfb jobs will always be there after you sign up for that guaranteed NFL money.

Also, does any dude interview more than Tee Martin? Apparently he interviewed to join the Raiders staff. Dude bounces around every season, never lands a HC gig. Probably got some skeletons and live bodies buried in his closet.
Tee Martin's wife loves LA and refuses to leave. If Tee takes a job somewhere outside of LA it will be without her.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I debated someone in offseason about ken leaving navy. They were adamant he wouldn’t leave. I was like yeah right we will see. I cant remember which font it was here. But ha!

Navy is a tough job to be at for a long time as its hard to sustain success and eventually if you do well you will want to take a shot somewhere else. Byu was not in a conf. It scared ken away. Arizona is prime for success.....

We will see

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I debated someone in offseason about ken leaving navy. They were adamant he wouldn’t leave. I was like yeah right we will see. I cant remember which font it was here. But ha!

Navy is a tough job to be at for a long time as its hard to sustain success and eventually if you do well you will want to take a shot somewhere else. Byu was not in a conf. It scared ken away. Arizona is prime for success.....

We will see
The problem with Arizona is there isn't all that much in state high school football talent. That has always been a problem for Arizona State and Arizona.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
And that’s the thing. He already plays in an option system. I guess it’s all about what it’s called

I wish it was as easy as words. The fact is modern options all use zone blocking schemes that can translate the OL just fine to the nfl. We dont. So thats a negative to how we do it vs the urbans and kellys of the world. Already. They have a leg up for OL and RB as a result vs our style.

Modern options utilize a much more up to date screen game. Again. Helps ol. Rb. And qb.

Their route trees are totally different. Focusing more on spread and intermediate vs down field.

Under center vs shotgun.

Look. At the end of the day. All these teams use option concepts and run the ball 70 percent of the time. But its markedly different in how they block and play off the option. Yes. Both read key ends. Or tackles. But. Again. They have rpos we can’t just due to formation. 3 wr in slot vs none. They use te.

The fact is. The modern running option O borrows alot more from the nfl to execute. We dont. So we have a negative connotation

Techster

Helluva Engineer

We will see

Possible Monken having success at Army has something to do with it as well. Gotta be tough competing against a friend at your biggest rival running the same system every year...also losing the last 2.