2017 Coaching Carousel

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
OK so are they not getting Leach now? Did Haslam not want Leach?
All twitter conjecture right now but the common thought is Haslam didn't want Leach and is making Currie pay for going against his wishes.

Hilarious because Leach is the best candidate they seriously interviewed.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
All twitter conjecture right now but the common thought is Haslam didn't want Leach and is making Currie pay for going against his wishes.

Hilarious because Leach is the best candidate they seriously interviewed.
Keep your eyes on Houston or Tee Martin. Tee Martin is probably the safe hire because he's popular with everyone at Tennessee because he quarterbacked the 1998 National Champions.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This is my thought too. Also agree with Jacket that Leach may have been the best candidate they interviewed. Leach by far has the highest ceiling of anyone hired this offseason outside maybe Chip Kelly.
I bet Mike Houston or Tee Martin will be the one hired and will be good hires but will excite absolutely nobody. Either Mike Houston or Tee Martin would come into the job with 2 strikes on them already. Whoever is hired will probably be sh ite canned in 3-4 seasons if things stay as they are at UT.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't see why any coach in a stable position right now would go anywhere near UT. Completely Toxic relationship between everyone in the Athletic Department as well as donors.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Old fashion sh!tshow going on in Knoxville. Any good coach needs to stay 100 miles away from that situation.

I didn't think Schiano was a good hire for UT, but maybe they did him a favor by not hiring him.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The morning hosts on WNML in Knoxville seem to think if Auburn winds up in the Playoffs that Auburn DC Kevin Steele will wind up head coach at Tennessee. If Auburn loses the SECCG they think Gus Malzahn will go to Arkansas and Kevin Steele will coach Auburn.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The morning hosts on WNML in Knoxville seem to think if Auburn winds up in the Playoffs that Auburn DC Kevin Steele will wind up head coach at Tennessee. If Auburn loses the SECCG they think Gus Malzahn will go to Arkansas and Kevin Steele will coach Auburn.
WTF is Auburn's fascination with firing Malzahn?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So if y'all are the Tennessee Chancellor who do you hire first: A New Athletic Director or Head Football Coach? If I'm Beverly Davenport I hire a new Athletic Director and let a Search Firm hire the Head Football Coach.