2016 National Championship: ACC vs SEC

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Can Clemson beat the evil empire and help the ACC's reputation? Will 'Bama be 'Bama and put Saban in the history books?

Stay tuned...

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Remember how some on here thought DeShaun Watson was overrated last summer? Yeah, that was wishful thinking. Watson is putting on a QB clinic right now.

Ya I was one of the very few to predict Clemson to be one of the best teams in the country this year. I knew Deshaun was special..I'm a little biased since he's from Gainesville, but he's got that IT factor.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see CPJ doing the coach's analysis feed on ESPN2. I mean, I wish he were coaching in the actual game, but barring that, I think he would be really interesting to listen to break down plays in real time.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
yeah, I'm also old enough to remember when some Tech people referred to Coach Swinney as a clown. The clown is going toe to toe with Saban at halftime and his team looks like they belong there.

They also said Dabo would be exposed after Chad Morris left...he was exposed. Exposed as a great recruiter who gave his coaches the best talent to work with. Chad Morris was a good OC who looked like a great OC with all that NFL talent to play with. Probably wishes he would have held out for a better situation than SMU.

LibertyTurns

Banned
yeah, I'm also old enough to remember when some Tech people referred to Coach Swinney as a clown. The clown is going toe to toe with Saban at halftime and his team looks like they belong there.
Add me to that list. However, up until this year he's squandered nearly as much talent as the butt lickers.

He's coached his tail off this year so he deserves the credit, but like nearly every other coach he also is responsible for the years when things don't go as well as they should. If he pulls it off, he will have a long ride at Clemson and it will be good for the ACC as I believe a rising tide lifts all boats.

I know GT didn't get the chance on the big stage but think about what we could have accomplished had Smelter & others not gotten injured down the stretch. There wasn't a team in the nation that would have been able to hang with us & that's with a roster littered with as some on this board have said are somewhat suspect/unworthy/not good enough due to their low star ratings.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I would love to see CPJ doing the coach's analysis feed on ESPN2. I mean, I wish he were coaching in the actual game, but barring that, I think he would be really interesting to listen to break down plays in real time.
The unc and Pitt guys are ok, but sound like coach speak most of time. Not as much specifics as I had hoped for .

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one here that doesn't like Clemson? I mean Alabama is painful to cheer for to but they were the lesser of 2 evils for me tonight.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
2 busted plays by Clemson's defense. 14 points
1 bad kickoff coverage by Clemson. 7 points
1 Onside kick that Clemson had bad coverage alignment. Led to 7 points on that drive.

28 points because of shoddy football by Clemson. Not saying Alabama wouldn't have eventually scored, but take one of those TDs away and Clemson possibly wins a National Title. Clemson definitely had their chances...a cleaner game by them and ACC has 2 of last 3 Natty's.