2016-2017 starters

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
With all the Seniors we lose this year, who will be our starting 5 at the beginning of next year?

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Choose from among these:
Travis Jorgenson
Josh Heath
Corey Heyward

Tadric Jackson
Josh Okogie

Quinton Stephens
Chris Matthews

Romello White
Abdoulaye Gueye

Ben Lammers
Sylvester Ogbomda

If Okogie can handle point, then Okogie, Jackson, Matthews, White and Lammers - IMHO.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Short of injuries and IF Corey decides to come back next year, Heyward will NOT be a realistic choice as a starter.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Barring transfers, in or out, ...

Heath
Jackson
Stephens
White
Lammers.

I don't see either of our other freshman players starting from day one. Athletically Okogie might could over stephens, but from what I've read, which was from last summer so things could change, it looks like he'll need a coach to get on him about consistency and keeping the effort when things go wrong, which they will early and often next year. I think it'd do him a lot of good to come off the bench, at least to start, and see the game from that perspective. I also think his natural position at this level is SG instead of SF.

Others look like more or less locks to me.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of who starts. Without an impact transfer (Damion Lee, Lawrence Roberts, Joseph Young type) this a maximum 2 conference win LU next year.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
What I want:
PG - Tadric
SG - Okogie
SF - CMatt
PF - Romello
C - Lammers

However, it's doubtful that 3 freshman win starting spots and if they do it's probably not a good thing

If the 3 Freshmen are the best on our roster (which would not be surprising), then they need to start. How could it be any worse than playing any of the others. I'd rather go 2-16 with the Freshmen getting a ton of playing time then go 2-16 with them on the bench a lot.

I wish Jorgenson could actually score 6-10 pts a game. He would actually not be a bad PG if he could score a little, he at least looks to try to penetrate and dish it off to make something happen, I know hes a liability on the defensive end, but at least he gets some assists, and he can actually beat his man off the dribble occasionally. Heath literally just dribbles the ball around the perimeter just passing it back and forth and doing nothing but taking up space, it is really frustrating to watch him play. If Jorgenson could actually take it to the rim, he could score some points, but instead after he beats his man and goes to the rim he either looks to pass or dribbles it back out, when he has a lay up available.

We should prob just play with the roster of best athletes and see what happens since we don't have a true PG.

Tadric
Okogie
Matthews
Romello
Lammers

natureboy

Georgia Tech Fan
150 percent in agreement with you BT-G , and if Tech can get either Archie Miller or Jeff Capel to come here, hell we're back in business baby!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
baring an epiphany stephens should be no more than a bench player imo. he does the dumbest things imaginable and some. both he and jorgie are liabilities on both ends of the court.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Does it really matter? Whoever starts will look like a bottom tier tournament team for 30 minutes every game and end the year with 3 conference wins.