2015 Home Opener

Woah. Slow down there on expecting nearly 45+k for the spring game. I know weather has been what killed it the last couple of years, but lets see if we can get the lower bowl near full before we start talking about a "near game day crowd." In any event, I will be there : )
Weather only killed it last year. I don't remember exactly what kind of weather we had in 2013, but it wasn't bad enough to prohibit me from coming up from Augusta and hanging with friends before and at the game.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If you don't think we'd get on TV on Thursday night, we certainly wouldn't get on TV on Saturday. This to me is perfect. A noon game against Alcorn State on Saturday is guaranteed for ESPN3. A Thursday night game could end up on regional coverage (or, who knows, if we are the highest ranked team maybe it goes national).

Either way it has a better shot at being on TV, will be cooler, frees up our Saturday to watch football, and gives us longer to prepare for the next game.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If you don't think we'd get on TV on Thursday night, we certainly wouldn't get on TV on Saturday. This to me is perfect. A noon game against Alcorn State on Saturday is guaranteed for ESPN3. A Thursday night game could end up on regional coverage (or, who knows, if we are the highest ranked team maybe it goes national).

Either way it has a better shot at being on TV, will be cooler, frees up our Saturday to watch football, and gives us longer to prepare for the next game.
Agreed with this and others saying it will be alright- plus it is nice to get the extra time to prep for week 2 and 3

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't want to make a separate thread for this just yet until there's news about the release, but is there a reason the ACC is the LAST conference to release a complete schedule for the each season? The FULL schedules for every other conference (including spring games for heaven's sake) have been out since October and November... Is it just not a priority in the ACC front office? I mean I guess its not the biggest deal and is just annoying when the season ends bc you're just looking at the next season, but I've always been curious.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to make a separate thread for this just yet until there's news about the release, but is there a reason the ACC is the LAST conference to release a complete schedule for the each season? The FULL schedules for every other conference (including spring games for heaven's sake) have been out since October and November... Is it just not a priority in the ACC front office? I mean I guess its not the biggest deal and is just annoying when the season ends bc you're just looking at the next season, but I've always been curious.
Tobacco Road Mafia. Some say there is no such thing as the TRM, that it is just an ACC myth. But it explains everything!

(Like dark matter and Sasquatch).

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Here's an early look at the other games on that Thursday, so definitely be an ESPN3 game.

Honestly, with the ability to watch via Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, etc., it's just as easy to watch as it being on TV for most people. Probably don't get the casual fans or channel surfers, but don't think it has the stigma that it did a few years ago.

Love to have this game on Thursday night for most of the reasons already mentioned it. Very fan friendly IMO and perfect excuse to take Friday off too!

Animal02

Banned
Here's an early look at the other games on that Thursday, so definitely be an ESPN3 game.

Honestly, with the ability to watch via Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, etc., it's just as easy to watch as it being on TV for most people. Probably don't get the casual fans or channel surfers, but don't think it has the stigma that it did a few years ago.

Love to have this game on Thursday night for most of the reasons already mentioned it. Very fan friendly IMO and perfect excuse to take Friday off too!

The big question mark is what time the games @ Utah and @ Ariz will be.......if they are later starts, the Tech and or Duke games may get more exposure. It will also depend on ranking.

You would think they could at least have it done in time for season ticket sales.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The big question mark is what time the games @ Utah and @ Ariz will be.......if they are later starts, the Tech and or Duke games may get more exposure. It will also depend on ranking.
I'm sure the Meeechigan Utah game will get a 7or 8 kickoff so everybody here in Michigan can watch there Savior Harbaugh in his first game. Looking like ESPN3 for us.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, with the ability to watch via Apple TV, Roku, mobile devices, etc., it's just as easy to watch as it being on TV for most people.

Yeah baby! ;)

stock-footage-young-man-on-hammock-using-smartphone-on-beautiful-exotic-beach.jpg

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
A Thursday night game will be a hell of a lot better than sitting in the scorching hot sun at noon on a Saturday and I think fans and students will be so excited to be back on the flats to see their Coastal Div, Governor's Cup, Orange Bowl Champs at home again, we'll have a great crowd...doesn't matter who they're playing!![emoji1][emoji106][emoji169][emoji219][emoji458]