2015 GT draft picks

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I know its early, but as now I believe we would only have 3 guys drafted. D.J. White, Adam Gotsis, and Patrick skov, but as a FB. With a good year Chris Milton, Jamal Golden, and Bryan chamberlain have a shot as well. Desmond smith would have a better chance imo if he wasn't moved to safety. Broderick Snoddy should be able to get picked up by some team as a undrafted free agent because of his speed. Jabari as of now is a long shot, but if he can get the hang of stuff and have at least a good second half of the year, he should have a chance with his atheletic ability. Who do you think will be drafted, and what do guys need to do if they want to be drafted?

Mechaniik

Georgia Tech Fan
I know its early, but as now I believe we would only have 3 guys drafted. D.J. White, Adam Gotsis, and Patrick skov, but as a FB. With a good year Chris Milton, Jamal Golden, and Bryan chamberlain have a shot as well. Desmond smith would have a better chance imo if he wasn't moved to safety. Broderick Snoddy should be able to get picked up by some team as a undrafted free agent because of his speed. Jabari as of now is a long shot, but if he can get the hang of stuff and have at least a good second half of the year, he should have a chance with his atheletic ability. Who do you think will be drafted, and what do guys need to do if they want to be drafted?

Gotsis and D.J. White definitely should be.

Golden, Milton and Hunt could be.

Marcordes might be if he has a good year.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Skov I doubt
There was three drafted last year, skov has the size to be a FB and loves contact, he will have way more yards than those other three as well as touch downs. If it was rb I would say the same but I'm talking about as a FB.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Fullbacks are no longer a premium in the NFL, and it's a dying position. Teams think they can find fullbacks from undrafted free agents, or use H-back type Tight ends who can play multiple roles (thus provide value) rather than use a full time FB. Skov is probably a free agent at best.

FWIW, the guys who have been rated "draft prospects" by ESPN and CBS are Bryan Chamberlain, Trey Braun, Jamal Golden, Adam Gotsis, and DJ White.

Adam Gotsis and DJ White are the top candidates to get drafted.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Fullbacks are no longer a premium in the NFL, and it's a dying position. Teams think they can find fullbacks from undrafted free agents, or use H-back type Tight ends who can play multiple roles (thus provide value) rather than use a full time FB. Skov is probably a free agent at best.

FWIW, the guys who have been rated "draft prospects" by ESPN and CBS are Bryan Chamberlain, Trey Braun, Jamal Golden, Adam Gotsis, and DJ White.

Adam Gotsis and DJ White are the top candidates to get drafted.
I agree about the FB position, the only reason I mention skov is because of the three drafted from last year, and skov has the potential to be just as good.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You're right about the first part.It's just too early. Let's play some.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think Skov has much of a chance to be drafted. He seems to be, at least in my opinion, a lock for signing as a FA somewhere.

Gotsis may be the best pro prospect - still don't see him going before the third round, if that.

I think at least one team will fall in love with Hunt, just do to his size. All it takes is one team to be drafted (see, e.g., Tim Tebow). I could see him going in the 7th.

Golden and White should get looks - White perhaps more seriously than Golden. I don't see either going before the 4th round though.

Was looking at a couple of lists in connection with the topic - athlon sports rated a top 30 ACC list. Notre Dame has #2 (Stanley), #4 (Smith), #10 (Day), Martin (#14), Russel (#19), Jones (#22), Redfield (#23) - all either D or OL (can't remember if any of those missed the game).

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
After 3 weeks, Skov appears to be a tempory fix until Marshall gets ready to play. If you compare him to past BB's when you're talking about the draft, he's not in the same league IMO.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
After 3 weeks, Skov appears to be a tempory fix until Marshall gets ready to play. If you compare him to past BB's when you're talking about the draft, he's not in the same league IMO.
Doubt seriously Skov is a temp. Maybe Marshall in the wings though there are others redshirted and different positions. Johnson values blocking and hard running up the middle and Skov gives him that on every down. He'll learn the offense, the sooner the better certainly. The one who needs to start stepping up is Hunt. For all the missed season and preseason hype, he has been silent through three games.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Skov just needs to learn to run with his head up instead of down / expecting imminent contact. He tries to bulldoze over the defenders when they aren't even close to him.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Doubt seriously Skov is a temp. Maybe Marshall in the wings though there are others redshirted and different positions. Johnson values blocking and hard running up the middle and Skov gives him that on every down. He'll learn the offense, the sooner the better certainly. The one who needs to start stepping up is Hunt. For all the missed season and preseason hype, he has been silent through three games.

I meant a 1 year temporary fix until MM could get in the system and mature. The injury to Leggette and the swing and a miss on Custis has us in this position today. If they would have stayed in the program we would be like "Skov who?"

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I meant a 1 year temporary fix until MM could get in the system and mature. The injury to Leggette and the swing and a miss on Custis has us in this position today. If they would have stayed in the program we would be like "Skov who?"
A year certainly. No problem. I'm just not sure what "in this position today" means. And departures, failures, or finding one does not like the offense or defense after all and thus will go somewhere else is commonplace. I like what Skov brings. Now he has to learn what apparently can be a complex blocking/run scheme. I'd like nothing better than for Marshall to suddenly bloom, start busting out big runs and great blocking, and win the job. But if he remains 2-deep, we'll be in good shape. Laskey-Days spoiled us I think. Me anyway.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Skov just needs to learn to run with his head up instead of down / expecting imminent contact. He tries to bulldoze over the defenders when they aren't even close to him.
Shoot, as hard as he runs maybe he just doesn't want to see the collision. But seriously to the extent he does maybe that is the residue of spending four years not running the football?