2014 uniforms

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Darn......still had to cut grass and pick up leaves.........wind was supposed to do its thing today in Wadley and get this............its 73 degrees.....

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Reply to TheSilasSonRising: It would not bother me personally to change the jerseys, pants, and helmets with stripes or other adornments as long as it is still basically white and gold and fairly simple. I detest these loud outfits worn by Oregon and others. They look like clowns playing football.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Reply to TheSilasSonRising: It would not bother me personally to change the jerseys, pants, and helmets with stripes or other adornments as long as it is still basically white and gold and fairly simple. I detest these loud outfits worn by Oregon and others. They look like clowns playing football.
Agree and bad thing in my opinion ,is ........we like Oregon unis with our yellowish gold and chicken wire etc and of course lets not forget the STINGER down the side.Not a big fan at all of the stripes and slashes but several guys have proposed some good unis that should settle everybodys opinion but nothing has been done.I will concede I like the NO Saints helmets with gold and black stripes....we could do this............holding my breath

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I hear ya!
However, gold is a tricky thing, as it often depends upon the material on which it's placed. You can see in the same SI cover that the pants have more orange in them. I think whatever Tech does, the helmets need to match the clothes.

White Hats then?

And I believe if we ever wear Gold shirts, they should have White numbers.

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
Last time we wore gold jerseys with white numbers everybody complained that they couldn't see them

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I personally like the 70's uniforms that we used against Virginia. I say use those at home and then use that same uniform with white jerseys on the road with old gold helmets (the color below is old gold btw). Don't mix golds and don't wear a gold jersey with a gold helmet thats dumb, it's like me wearing a khaki shirt with khaki slacks and they're just a hair different. Do this and problem solved. Occationally where an all black uniform for the players or all matte navy or something, I think even Mack could deal with that for one game a year if every other game was good. You can improve the material but keep those for years and then maybe we will look like Georgia Tech again. Just find something classy and stick with it, that is the main issue IMO.

Old_Gold_429963_i0.png
CalvinJohnson.jpg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Last time we wore gold jerseys with white numbers everybody complained that they couldn't see them

Last time we wore Gold shirts with White numbers was 1969 or 70 I think. No reason to complain if I remember correct. Perfectly readable.

Sure you are not talking about 2 years ago when we played first game with White Shirts and Gold numbers nobody could read?

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
Last time we wore Gold shirts with White numbers was 1969 or 70 I think. No reason to complain if I remember correct. Perfectly readable.

Sure you are not talking about 2 years ago when we played first game with White Shirts and Gold numbers nobody could read?
You are correct my mistake

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I personally like the 70's uniforms that we used against Virginia. I say use those at home and then use that same uniform with white jerseys on the road with old gold helmets (the color below is old gold btw). Don't mix golds and don't wear a gold jersey with a gold helmet thats dumb, it's like me wearing a khaki shirt with khaki slacks and they're just a hair different. Do this and problem solved. Occationally where an all black uniform for the players or all matte navy or something, I think even Mack could deal with that for one game a year if every other game was good. You can improve the material but keep those for years and then maybe we will look like Georgia Tech again. Just find something classy and stick with it, that is the main issue IMO.

Old_Gold_429963_i0.png
CalvinJohnson.jpg
CCould deal with it if yuou uded Dodd and Ross unis in the mix.No slashes r VT pin srripes or stingers on pants or Jersey.We ar not the Ducks of the South!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
That was a major fail. Remember being in the stands wondering if my eyes had gone bad.
Shoot I have been doing that every year for past six years........with all the chicken wire,slashes and stripes and lets not forget the Stinger on the pants I wonder at time when did we join the World Football League.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Wear what Shawn Jones is wearing in my avatar! Best uniform I ever saw.
the uni with Jones was .........voted the best looking uni in the ACC ....we changed it only when the NCAA let us wear white again and GOL said tech wears white at home.It has been done for sixty odd years....I say take the Carson,Dodd and Ross unis wear one at home and the dodd ones away.Then let the young lads wear the awful stripes,chicken wire,light yellow color........stingers down the side and everybody May be happy.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I thin for our gold we should use the one CJ21 is wearing for the throwbacks against UVA, and then our white should be the throwbacks we used against VT this year. But I kind of liked our unis this past year.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I thin for our gold we should use the one CJ21 is wearing for the throwbacks against UVA, and then our white should be the throwbacks we used against VT this year. But I kind of liked our unis this past year.
I like that idea but after 38 yrs in the military the old adage"if it makes sense.....you cant do it" seems to still work.We can do so much with Ross or Carson and of course Dodd but we will keep trying out unis so we can become the Maryland of the ACC or the Oregon Ducks of the South...

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Old_Gold_429963_i0.png
CalvinJohnson.jpg
How about a NO Saint type helmet to go with the outfit ? That would be cool.We wore a gold and white hat under Pepper and it looked good......

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
How about a NO Saint type helmet to go with the outfit ? That would be cool.We wore a gold and white hat under Pepper and it looked good......

Fulcher, if I am correct?

And I am sorry folks, but for some reason I just find uni talk fascinating. I enjoy seeing what guys can create with computers !

Some deep rooted problem?

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Fulcher, if I am correct?

And I am sorry folks, but for some reason I just find uni talk fascinating. I enjoy seeing what guys can create with computers !

Some deep rooted problem?

The dirty secret is that everybody like uni threads. It's like talking about what you're gonna next next christmas.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The dirty secret is that everybody like uni threads. It's like talking about what you're gonna next next christmas.
sort of like if I had the power..............I would do this and that.....shoot nobody is paying us any attention anyway but its fun to like u say think about Christmas !