2014 uniforms

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Brian Johnson, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Ramblin' Wreck

Do you think we will see new uniforms for 2014? I want to see the blue ones legget was wearing in a pic. I would love for us to try a grey theme just like the rest of CFB. Look at Tennessees "Smokey" uniforms they were a change up for them and UT has been as tradition as it gets. I would also love to see some better merchandise. I mean look at Barnes and noble and you will see Nike,UA,Adidas. Why don't we see this in other kinds of stores other than Dicks maybe. Anyone have any ideas or info on next years uniforms?

2. GruffyMcGuiness

GruffyMcGuiness Jolly Good Fellow

Let's quit changing our uniforms every year and win more than 6 or 7 games

3. Mitch Matthews

Mitch Matthews Jolly Good Fellow

I think so.. Russell just needs to stop trying lol they'll never make it big

4. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

Since you brought it up: I would like to see a special helmet to wear a couple of times per year. Shiny black, gold GT, and the Seattle Seahawk type stripe(graphite look) down the middle in black. Match this to gold pants with white jerseys.

5. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I think they should just allow the fans to submit designs and let the fans vote to choose the top three

Brian Johnson likes this.
  6. Brian Johnson

I did see some pics of the early enrolees wearing the new team shirt... its black. Tre Jackson has pics in it so does some other players. I wonder if we will have something black in our uniforms... maybe a black uni..i will post a pic

7. BranMart

BranMart Jolly Good Fellow

Russell makes good stuff. They just need to recruit 50 big time athletes to tell people like the other companies do. Course then they gotta pass that cost on to the consumer.

8. Mitch Matthews

Why don't we just go to under armour... If it wasn't for GT they wouldn't be around

9. ybeenormal

ybeenormal Helluva Engineer

I'll never understand wearing away unis all the time anyways. If CPJ is superstitious, then maybe he ought to try it the other way during the season

10. RamblinCharger

RamblinCharger Helluva Engineer

I have a feeling we'll have a black uniform this year or have one that has some black in it, because the basketball team had black uniforms and usually Russell seems to use ideas on basketball and football, like a couple years ago I think the basketball team had the honeycomb too. Not 100% on that though

11. BranMart

BranMart Jolly Good Fellow

Black is the new navy.

12. Brian Johnson

They also have a new black uni for baseball. I think we may have one

13. Brian Johnson

See that's black

Attached Files:

14. Tempest_12

Tempest_12 Ramblin' Wreck

You realize that Russel pays Tech right??? Also no grey uniforms. They look like **** and grey is NOT one of our colors.

Mack and revelous like this.
  15. Mitch Matthews

Wearing white at home is a tradition not a CPJ thing

1974, revelous and Brian Johnson like this.
  16. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Helluva Engineer

Wear what Shawn Jones is wearing in my avatar! Best uniform I ever saw.

Mack likes this.
  17. Russellm0704

Russellm0704 Jolly Good Fellow

Am I the only one who misses the gold tops? I guess I do because I grew up in the Gailey era. I thought last year's were an improvement though. I hope we never see that bubble wrap uniform ever again.

Mack and bat_082994 like this.
  18. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

Also had gold tops in the Carson era, maybe others. The years kind of run together. The Pepper Rogers era was my favorite uni so far.

Mack likes this.
  19. Mitch Matthews

Russell I was born in the oleary era and grew up in the GAYley era as well. I don't miss them because they remind me of 7 straight losses to uga

20. GT Tennessee

GT Tennessee Ramblin' Wreck

Flat black helmet with a gold GT would be nice. Also, I would be ok with a gold helmet with a black GT logo(black watch), black jersey, gold pants, with black cleats. That could be and alternate that way you have tradition with the black GT logo on the helmet, but also new with the black.

IronJacket7 likes this.