2014 uniforms

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The color on Scott and Ivan's uniform here is the closest I have found...

85ACC_Cremins2.jpg

Are you referring to "Yvon" ?

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I have a solution...simple to old fart like me but if you have seven home games and you want to honor tradition....wear the throwback dodd unis a game.....use the Ross blue jerseys and white pants a game......wear the Carson unis.......and then you have four or five games to destroy our colors by using stripes and slashes and ..........stingers down the side....You could also wear the correct color of old gold........this idea which doubt young folks will like,would keep tradition alive with old farts,bring back the warm glow of how we used to play and still let the young lads try to be the Oregon of the east(oops forgot MD has that ).I have no cotton with players wanting to design special unis etc......they play for the Coach and not vice versa but even stating that ...they would still have games to wear the new fads ....six unis in six years just aint cool.Its like wearing madras shirts and striped shorts to the beach with flip flops and black socks............
You are a funny dude Mack!

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Need this shade of gold, not the lighter vegas gold...Our colors, historically were "old gold" and white, not any color gold...
092713_tech_football_JC26.JPG

man, those are slick unis. I'd be over the moon if this was our uni next year (Mack, can I get an Amen?)

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe it's just me but I loved the unis during the joe ham / godsey days. With the large block numbers and the right shade of gold, I do not like the mustard tone gold we seem to put out regularly...that is hideous to me.

stevo0718

Georgia Tech Fan
The "correct" shade of gold, is the color of the wreck. Closest thing I've seen in this thread is William Bell's helmet on the SI cover...

If you're being technical, the correct shade is not UVA throwbacks, VT throwbacks, Joe Ham unis or 08 mustards. It's no uniform we've ever worn. That's not to say those unis don't look good.

I'm a firm believer in white and gold. You pick the shade, I'm rooting for the team that follows the wreck out onto the field.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
The "correct" shade of gold, is the color of the wreck. Closest thing I've seen in this thread is William Bell's helmet on the SI cover...

If you're being technical, the correct shade is not UVA throwbacks, VT throwbacks, Joe Ham unis or 08 mustards. It's no uniform we've ever worn. That's not to say those unis don't look good.

I'm a firm believer in white and gold. You pick the shade, I'm rooting for the team that follows the wreck out onto the field.

I hear ya!
However, gold is a tricky thing, as it often depends upon the material on which it's placed. You can see in the same SI cover that the pants have more orange in them. I think whatever Tech does, the helmets need to match the clothes.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I hear ya!
However, gold is a tricky thing, as it often depends upon the material on which it's placed. You can see in the same SI cover that the pants have more orange in them. I think whatever Tech does, the helmets need to match the clothes.
Gosh guys not to belabor the point.........but for years Dodd wore gold and it was excepted as the color we use this light yellow or vegas gold doesnt pass muster with me but again....its my opinon only.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, we've already gone far past the belaboring the point :wacky:
I know but I aint ready to cut grass and pick up leaves.......this kills time but of course you are right and of course doubt anything is done but like I said it does kill time before the bad weather hits.