2014 team rings are in!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Is the "Johnson" over the "state champs" part the last name of the player who's ring it is?

Or does it actually mean the players chose to put Coach Johnson's last name there? If the latter I think that is pretty amusing.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is the "Johnson" over the "state champs" part the last name of the player who's ring it is?

Or does it actually mean the players chose to put Coach Johnson's last name there? If the latter I think that is pretty amusing.
Man, that's a beautiful sight!

I think the Jostens poster just used his as an example. So, ostensibly each player may have their own name like that on their ring. What I'm not sure about is whether all the rings looked just alike--except for player/coach name. Or, if they had some customizations they could choose.

I haven't seen them yet. But, I plan to. ;)

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The rings are nice. I probably would have left off the State Champs part though. It just feels a little cheesy. We need to beat them more, not make an enormous deal about it when we do.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Eh, the ring commemorates the '14 season, not the past 5 years or so. We are state champs for the '14 season.
I get that, but what we are really saying is that we beat UGA and it is such a big event that we need to commemorate it. The last two times we beat them we had to engrave it on rings. It just feels like we are placing wins over them on too high of a pedestal and building them up more than they deserve. I don't feel like beating them should be viewed as an accomplishment on the same level as winning the Orange Bowl and finishing in the top 10. It just feels like another one of those little brother things that has always irked me. I want to beat them rub it in their faces a little, and move on with the attitude that it is going to happen again so there is no real need to over blow this one event. If this is what the players wanted on their rings though then more power to them. The guys earned it, and they can put whatever they want on there.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I get that, but what we are really saying is that we beat UGA and it is such a big event that we need to commemorate it. The last two times we beat them we had to engrave it on rings. It just feels like we are placing wins over them on too high of a pedestal and building them up more than they deserve. I don't feel like beating them should be viewed as an accomplishment on the same level as winning the Orange Bowl and finishing in the top 10. It just feels like another one of those little brother things that has always irked me. I want to beat them rub it in their faces a little, and move on with the attitude that it is going to happen again so there is no real need to over blow this one event. If this is what the players wanted on their rings though then more power to them. The guys earned it, and they can put whatever they want on there.
You're waaaaaaaaaaay overthinking it. They just needed something else to put on the ring. It has two sides and a top and they need 3 things that happened.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Rebuttal: "We run this state."

When dwags throw that braggadocio(1) around for beating us, and their inbred fans come to our campus every other year acting like Bobby Dodd Stadium is their practice field, our players have every dang right to put "state champs" on their 2014 rings.

(1) Multisyllabic(2) word that dwag fans will have to look up in a dictionary.

(2) See (1).