2014 Schedule

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If I recall correctly, we were trying to get a non-BCS FBS team, but in the end, just couldn't make it happen. that's why we ended up with a second FCS team. No one wanted two FCS teams this year, it was an ACC screw-up (as Animal02 stated).

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If memory serves me correctly we didnt back out of the Bama game, it was actually Bama that backed out. Call me crazy but im pretty sure that was the case.

OK, Crazy. :)

LOL, no it was us. Read the article I linked above. Heck the quote I included was from the article. The part where is says "Radakovich said HE contacted Alabama to discuss postponing the series". Rad was our AD. WE backed out.

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow

LOL, no it was us. Read the article I linked above. Heck the quote I included was from the article. The part where is says "Radakovich said HE contacted Alabama to discuss postponing the series". Rad was our AD. WE backed out.

That is true. But I believe as someone stated earlier Bama was trying to get us to play at the dome instead of BDS I believe.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
@Mack fine. We're talking past each other. I agree that people can use misleading stats. I also agree that the ultimate issue is W-L. Your posts reflect either a failure to understand my point or a desire to intentionally misrepresent my post by introducing misused stats rather than showing where I misused stats.

This past off-season, the University of Florida replaced their offensive coordinator but not their defensive coordinator. Now, you could say, "Well, their record was 4-8 so they should fire everybody. If you don't fire the head coach, you should fire both coordinators. You just need to get better."

Or, you could say, "Their offense was ranked 99th while their defense was 17th. The offense was probably the problem."

Yes, coaches know what the problem is based on their greater knowledge, but statistical rankings help fans know.

I was responding to those people who posted issues related to our offense needing to improve. I was using the statistical rankings to say that those posts would be like UF fans complaining about their defense.
Well dont worry one thing you need to remember about me is ...I dont intentionally misrepresent anything when it comes to tech football.Never have had as much value as you do in stats since I have seen the time teams have lost the stat war and.....won the game.I am not a slide rule guy so stats I look for are won loss and if stats help then so be it.I look for execution rather than how many yds we got etc but its clear...........stats can be interpreted any way you want them do.If we are that good stat wise then we should be better than seven and six.Sorry but I dont need that great amount of stats to follow the game or the team.Now let me be clear I have not and care less trying to mess up your post or your stats.I think you are correct stats do help but I want some execution so .....stats will reflect a better won loss record.Like you situation you discussed bout Fla.....sort of like our stats with Dave Wommack as DC.......we were bad but .........he goes to Ole Miss and we get 151 yds.Was it his style of coaching at Tech that made him statistically bad or did he learn a new defense after he left tech or was the players better at grasping the defense at Ole Miss than Tech.Sorry if I interpreted your post you are right on about improving ..keep it up it is interesting to see how we do vs the big and little ones.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
All well and fine, but what does Drew Hearn say about 8-4? He don't like it one little bit. 8-4 is raising the bar ridiculously high, eh? I jest.
Got little more info on maybe a inside situation at Tech..I hear that there is a group that is going to do all they can to pep up recruiting .Now that probably means money in the recruiting budget and seems like the four hour talk brought out some of the problems we have getting football players.Like I said no real proof for this but it does n make sense to go any and everywhere to get football players who can pass and fit in.

Animal02

Banned
If I recall correctly, we were trying to get a non-BCS FBS team, but in the end, just couldn't make it happen. that's why we ended up with a second FCS team. No one wanted two FCS teams this year, it was an ACC screw-up (as Animal02 stated).

It screwed everyone in the ACC - Clemp played South Carolina State and Citadel, FSU played Bethune, Idaho and Nevada

I agree we backed out, though Bama did not put up much of a fuss. With the position they are in, they are likely better off financially getting teams to play them once at home or once in a neutral site that they split revenue, rather than a home/home series.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow

Its all a conspiracy dangit!! They were scared of us!!!! Lol I read that as well after my post.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Even tho Syracuse was a bona fide FBS opponent, if you treated that 56-0 score as an outlier, we'd be scoring 26 points per game and giving up 28.8 per game. Could be considered cherry picking the stats. We are an arrogant bunch for a team that has averaged exactly 7 wins per year for four seasons in this conference with a handful of FCS patsies sprinkled in.
I think the Clemson game was also an outlier under those circumstances.