2014 schedule to be released tomorrow

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

At 3.

gtyj18jr likes this.
  2. gtyj18jr

gtyj18jr Jolly Good Fellow

This seems earlier than usual.

3. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

Maybe it was easier than usual to come up with a schedule to screw Tech. :wtf:

collegeballfan and techman78 like this.
  4. DuckGT

DuckGT Ramblin' Wreck

Please no Thursday night game and week 2 bye.

techman78 and bat_082994 like this.
  5. MGTfan

MGTfan Helluva Engineer

I hope UNC has a bye week before they play Tech. It seems to work out well for us.

techman78 and bat_082994 like this.
  6. Tempest_12

Tempest_12 Ramblin' Wreck

I mean you know they're going to based on recent history...

7. Animal02

Can't have a week 2 Bye - the frst three games of the season are OC - wofford (h), Tulane (a) , GSU (h)
    Tech has requested no home Thursday game........we will see what happens.

8. BranMart

BranMart Jolly Good Fellow

Thought Tulane was trying to get us to move that date.

Bet we get 2 Thursday night games...

9. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

both at home.

10. ramblinvak

ramblinvak Helluva Engineer

too funny

ajcgatech ‏@ajcgatech56m
    ACC football schedule (including #gatech) will be released Wednesday at 3 p.m. Jackets hoping for eight games vs. Wake Forest.

11. augustabuzz

augustabuzz Helluva Engineer

What is the over/under for the number of Coastal teams that receive a bye the week before playing Tech?

12. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

I'm saying 3 get a bye, of course UNCheat will be one of them.

13. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Just so there is no more 3 games in 13 days! Talking about getting screwed. I was one of those pushing for GT to go to the Big 10 because the ACC keeps screwing with the schedule to help the NC, UM and FSU.

Don't bother to tell me I am wrong - I will believe it when I am pushing up daisies.

Animal02 likes this.
  14. Rodney Kent

Rodney Kent Ramblin' Wreck

I can assure you that everyone would want us to play on Thursday nights if we won all the games we played on Thursday nights. We gripe because we do not win those games and look lousy to the nation. If we won them we would look great, have Thursday night to ourselves, attract recruits, and call ourselves the national champions of Thursday night. The ONLY problem with Thursday nights is we bomb out due to our play, not the night the game is played. If we win on the Thursday nights consistently EVERYTHING would fall into place and everyone would be happy about playing on Thursday nights.

We are living in a society where everything that is negative is somebody else's fault. We no longer stand up and take responsibility for our faults, we love to blame everyone else. If we win, we solve all those problems. We can blame the losses on Thursday night on GT, not the night. We would have also lost those games on Saturday.

15. MGTfan

MGTfan Helluva Engineer

I personally like Thursday night games. I can watch us on Thursday, then it frees up my Saturday to watch other games or get done anything else that I need to do. Of course, being a student who lives on campus, I don't have to make a long drive back home after the game.

16. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

I actually think Thursday night games make for great promotion of the institution.

17. Animal02

I don't like the Thursday night games, the Friday night games, the Wednesday night games, or the Tuesday night games nor the Sat Noon games. It is simply ESPN putting their network and $$$ above that of the fans that attend the games.

18. LongforDodd

LongforDodd Helluva Engineer

Yes the last Thursday night game I attended was enjoyable. It was Miami. And I was with my daughter who is now a Soph on campus. The visual of the downtown and midtown skylines are nice.

19. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

I like the Thursday games games, just really hard for me to make it to them because of work. I did get to the Clemson game this past season on Thursday night though (which was very forgetable) because I just live a skip and hop from Clemson.

20. Animal02

You would have the same thing on a saturday night game. Unfortunately, it is not up to Tech, the sole decision on game times sits with ESPN. You cannot even plan ahead for games. If I knew games were going to be at 1pm, 3pm or whatever, it would be possible three weeks ahead of time to get plane tickets cheap and catch a game every once in awhile. Can't do that now, without planning to stay overnight.