2014-2015 Coaching Carousel

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
They’re probably wanting to replicate the success they had with Urban Meyer. Have you heard anything on who Michigan might be going after other than Les Miles? I would think Bo Pelini could do well up there. Maybe they can somehow get Les and Bo.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They’re probably wanting to replicate the success they had with Urban Meyer. Have you heard anything on who Michigan might be going after other than Les Miles? I would think Bo Pelini could do well up there. Maybe they can somehow get Les and Bo.

Yeah but Urban was a much hotter prospect than this dude. Ah well, hope it works out for them and they can get back to beating the dawgs on a yearly basis.

Only thing I've seen written on the UMich job is they're after Les Miles and Butch Jones (TN). I think Jones said he has no interest. Les will probably just get a raise off their interest again. I hope he takes it though.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Yeah but Urban was a much hotter prospect than this dude. Ah well, hope it works out for them and they can get back to beating the dawgs on a yearly basis.

Only thing I've seen written on the UMich job is they're after Les Miles and Butch Jones (TN). I think Jones said he has no interest. Les will probably just get a raise off their interest again. I hope he takes it though.
Didn't Jones get an extension yesterday?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UF hires Jim McElwain

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/12/02/florida-gators-jim-mcelwain-head-coach-hire

Seems odd. Although I know he was Bama's OC, seems like they could've gotten a bigger "name".

If he can recruit like he did at 'Bama, which shouldn't be hard considering it's Florida and the style of offense he runs attracts guys that want to go to the NFL, and he gets himself a top notch DC...Florida will be good sooner than later. Florida has talent on the D side, and they were actually one of the top defenses in the country. His biggest challenge is recruiting a top tier QB, and given his track record with QBs, won't be too hard. This guy's offense is legit, and he can develop offensive talent.

I'm all for Florida being a powerhouse again because it means UGA will get run over every year at the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail party.

jeffgt14

Wow didn’t see that one coming. I really didn’t see Riley ever really leaving Oregon State. He’s a hell of a coach but probably not much of a recruiter.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah that was out of nowhere. Probably time for a change of scenery for him. Like you said, he seems to be a pretty good coach. OreSt is a tough place to win.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Hires Oregon State coach. Fire Pellini who never lost more than 4 games to hire someone that always lost at least 4 games. Headscratcher. but glad CPJ is here to stay for a while.

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Hires Oregon State coach. Fire Pellini who never lost more than 4 games to hire someone that always lost at least 4 games. Headscratcher. but glad CPJ is here to stay for a while.

Regarding Bo, it's kinda difficult to keep your job when you give your customers (fan base) the finger and dare your boss (AD) to fire you. I just figured BP wanted out but his agent couldn't find a landing place interested in floating his buy out and he didn't want to walk away from the money left on his contract. Id guess the AD up there has been looking for about a year for reasons to cut him loose with cause but finally gave up.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I'm a little surprised they didn't consider Navy's coach
I do not keep up with OSU football that much, but maybe they know something I don't. If I wanted to run the ball, I would look at Navy's, Army's, or Ga Southern's coach. If passing, I would look at someone like Baylor's or Texas Tech's head coach. I think a lot of the good coach's are heading South and West Coast because of recruiting.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Michigan: Michigan has reached out to Les Miles’ agent tonight according to Sam Webb, who covers Michigan football. Combine this with a report today that they have reached out to David Cutcliffe and it sounds like Michigan is trying to kick their search into gear. For what it’s worth, sources close to Cut and Les we have spoken with do not expect significant talks with Michigan.

UMich reaching out to Buttcliffe? Ew for the Wolverines. If I'm him I get out of Duke while the gettin' is good. Their cute little 2-year run is likely over.

jeffgt14

Yea that came out of nowhere. Maybe after getting shut out he figured he needs to go play PAC12 defenses to make himself look better.