2014-2015 Coaching Carousel

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Twitter is abuzz that Clemson OC Chad Morris is going to be the new SMU HC.

If true, bad move by him with DeSean Watson taking the reigns. Would definitely improve his stock even more. Don't think SMU has the talent or the attractiveness to recruit talent to help him. That Clemson offense with Cole Stoudt is his future at SMU...and he won't have that top 5 defense to help him...

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ChipBrownHD: A high-level #SMU source told me #Clemson OC Chad Morris has agreed to a multi-year contract averaging more than $3 million per year.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Thursday November 27, 2014

Indications out of Clemson are that Chad Morris has agreed to become the new head coach at SMU. Clint Brewster who covers Clemson first reported that Morris is headed to SMU. FootballScoop can confirm that Morris left Clemson immediately after practice today around 3pm. Sources tell us they expect him to be the new head coach but we have not received confirmation yet from SMU. This is exactly what we have expected and heard all along. You might recall, the very day that June resigned Scott told you he expected Chad Morris to be the next head coach at SMU. Will update…

footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@ChipBrownHD: #Clemson OC Chad Morris had #SMU HC job offer for at least 2 weeks, was waiting to see if Dabo Swinney would get #Florida job, source said.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
My money's on headstone. This smacks of a panic move.

This. Though at $3m per season, and at minimum 4 seasons, he's going to bank $12m...and probably still get a good OC job if he's not successful. It's the new Charlie Weiss college coaches retirement plan.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Not a bad spot for him. No HC experience but a ton on the high school level in Texas. His name in the state there and the style of offense will be attractive to some of the kids in Texas.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Wow didn't realize SMU had that kind of money. I don't know if he'll be successful but he's not a proven recruiter so he's best off starting at a smaller school than a more high profile job playing against better team.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Wow didn't realize SMU had that kind of money. I don't know if he'll be successful but he's not a proven recruiter so he's best off starting at a smaller school than a more high profile job playing against better team.

Not old enough to remember Eric Dickerson, Craig James and the Pony Express down there? ;) SMU has ALWAYS had the money, sometimes too dang much! :D

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If were smart they would back the Brinks to Chip Kelly and make him say no. Then go to Rich Rod and keep the D coordinator they have already.