2/18 - WBB @ NCST

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Completely agree. I don't typically watch the women but found the game with 5 minutes left in regulation while channel surfing. I was surprised they were in the game and kept watching. All the incredible plays Dunn made didn't matter because someone who had a completely wide open shot to win the game wouldn't take it. If she took it and missed, there may have been time for a put back. Or she had time to take a rhythm dribble and step in for a shorter shot. It won't look good in the film room, she may not have been aware of how open she was.
Coach may have called the shot to be taken by Morgan during a timeout or signaled it in. I was driving back from north Georgia and missed the game. Better to take an open shot with time for a rebound on a miss. Learning experience but those situations are usually covered in practice.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
It was bad. I'm not putting blame on the inbound pass, you have 5 seconds to get it in. 21 should have received ball gave it back and then tied her shoe if she was going to do that.
First of all someone else should have come to the ball. Your idea of what should have happened is fine.
The reason that it was so dumb was for not only inbounding the ball to a person who wasn't paying attention to anything but tying their shoe but then standing there and allowing a NC St player to pick up the free balI making it a live ball turnover. She would have done better to grab the ball herself and get called for a violation as opposed to giving the opponent a free shot at a layup.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Completely agree. I don't typically watch the women but found the game with 5 minutes left in regulation while channel surfing. I was surprised they were in the game and kept watching. All the incredible plays Dunn made didn't matter because someone who had a completely wide open shot to win the game wouldn't take it. If she took it and missed, there may have been time for a put back. Or she had time to take a rhythm dribble and step in for a shorter shot. It won't look good in the film room, she may not have been aware of how open she was.
The person who came out to try to contest her shot was Baldwin who was under the basket when Noguero received the pass. You couldn't be more wide open than she was.

Buzzforlife

Jolly Good Fellow
The last play was designed to inbound the ball to Tonie Morgan, or get it back to her. GT only needed a 2 pt. FG. Fairly certain it was for her to penetrate or dish for a layup. High % shot(not that being wide open isn’t the same). Let’s remember that under the former coach if you were not a “go to” player, you were not supposed to shoot it.

Farrell7

Georgia Tech Fan
First of all someone else should have come to the ball. Your idea of what should have happened is fine.
The reason that it was so dumb was for not only inbounding the ball to a person who wasn't paying attention to anything but tying their shoe but then standing there and allowing a NC St player to pick up the free balI making it a live ball turnover. She would have done better to grab the ball herself and get called for a violation as opposed to giving the opponent a free shot at a layup.
I will agree with this