2/18 - WBB @ NCST

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
We travel to take on #6 NCST in their building as the Jackets look to sweep the road trip to Carolina by beating both sides of the Textile Bowl

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, bummer. Don’t see any reason not to break out the bourbon, though. Great game all around against a ranked team.

NCSU fans at the game were having trouble standing up to cheer, due to a**-pucker to their seats, there at the end.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Somebody please tell me why Noguero passed up a wide open three on that last play of the game to give it back to Morgan who was forced to put up a contested baseline jumper to beat the clock? If you are afraid to take the game winning shot you need to let the coach know so she can put someone in the game that isn't afraid. She was wide open!

Buzzforlife

Jolly Good Fellow
Somebody please tell me why Noguero passed up a wide open three on that last play of the game to give it back to Morgan who was forced to put up a contested baseline jumper to beat the clock? If you are afraid to take the game winning shot you need to let the coach know so she can put someone in the game that isn't afraid. She was wide open!
They only needed a two point basket. Guessing the play was designed to get a layup off a feed or at least Morgan getting in the alley for a floater.

Farrell7

Georgia Tech Fan
They're starting to cool down and just committed quite possibly the stupidest turnover that I've ever seen and are down at halftime
It was bad. I'm not putting blame on the inbound pass, you have 5 seconds to get it in. 21 should have received ball gave it back and then tied her shoe if she was going to do that.

Farrell7

Georgia Tech Fan
I have to agree. You've to take that shot. I know they're a lot of pressure is on you but you'll never get a better look.

Last edited:

Farrell7

Georgia Tech Fan
This was the second best game I saw them play. Played aggressive and hard all day. Nell actually used her time outs a lot better. Must have watch film on herself.
The only one I didn't want to see was the third one. Girls had it rolling and when camera showed the coaches on side line they were discussing what to say.
Don't call timeout if you don't already have in your mind what your going to say or play your going to setup.
Very seldom does anything good come from our timeouts.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Completely agree. I don't typically watch the women but found the game with 5 minutes left in regulation while channel surfing. I was surprised they were in the game and kept watching. All the incredible plays Dunn made didn't matter because someone who had a completely wide open shot to win the game wouldn't take it. If she took it and missed, there may have been time for a put back. Or she had time to take a rhythm dribble and step in for a shorter shot. It won't look good in the film room, she may not have been aware of how open she was.