1966 Penn State Ticket Stub

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
As many of you guys know, I collect Tech football ticket stubs. To date I've got a ticket from 934 games back to 1917, which is good for about 73% of all Tech football games ever played. From 1932 forward I've got 90% of the games covered.

The collection is documented at http://georgiatechticketstubs.com if you're interested in viewing any of it.

I've recently received an offer from a fellow collector to trade for a really nice piece of Tech history: a 1921 Georgia Tech vs. Penn State ticket from a game played at the Polo Grounds in New York City. In return he wants a ticket from the 1966 game between Penn State and Tech played at Grant Field. This was Paterno's first season as head coach, so he values this ticket highly. Unfortunately I've only got one season ticket for this game and one student ticket for the game. I'd rather not part with either, but would offer up the student ticket if necessary, though I'm not sure he'd take it.

Were any of our posters out here at this game and did you possibly save your stub? I'd gladly pay a nice fee for the ticket if you're willing to part with it.

Thanks for reading!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
As many of you guys know, I collect Tech football ticket stubs. To date I've got a ticket from 934 games back to 1917, which is good for about 73% of all Tech football games ever played. From 1932 forward I've got 90% of the games covered.

The collection is documented at http://georgiatechticketstubs.com if you're interested in viewing any of it.

I've recently received an offer from a fellow collector to trade for a really nice piece of Tech history: a 1921 Georgia Tech vs. Penn State ticket from a game played at the Polo Grounds in New York City. In return he wants a ticket from the 1966 game between Penn State and Tech played at Grant Field. This was Paterno's first season as head coach, so he values this ticket highly. Unfortunately I've only got one season ticket for this game and one student ticket for the game. I'd rather not part with either, but would offer up the student ticket if necessary, though I'm not sure he'd take it.

Were any of our posters out here at this game and did you possibly save your stub? I'd gladly pay a nice fee for the ticket if you're willing to part with it.

Thanks for reading!

Great job with that collection!

I was at that game (Dodd's last win), but I am sorry I don't have the stub.

Best of luck with your quest.

Hopefully he will take student ticket - they shouldn't be that much different from the other.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

Thanks for reading!
I was there for Paterno's first season and Dodd's last. Penn State never crossed the 50 against Bud Carson's defense. Alas, I was a teenager and didn't keep the ticket.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for reading!
I have a quite large of very old GT paraphernalia and often wonder where it will wind up at my death.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I have a quite large of very old GT paraphernalia and often wonder where it will wind up at my death.
I hope that is no time soon for sure, but I’d you have tickets you are looking to offload before that time hit me up.

My plans are to donate my collection to Tech some day so that they live in the museum at the edge building (or whatever it will soon be called)

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I hope that is no time soon for sure, but I’d you have tickets you are looking to offload before that time hit me up.

My plans are to donate my collection to Tech some day so that they live in the museum at the edge building (or whatever it will soon be called)
Thats pretty awesome!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Caught me! Yep, that's me

I haven't received the issue yet. Has anyone else already received it?
Came out about a month or so ago.

Edit note... I see that CuseJacket reported the same 😁

Hit them up to send you another copy. They normally print more than they mail out so they can give them away when people visit the Alumni building.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Great job with that collection!

I was at that game (Dodd's last win), but I am sorry I don't have the stub.

Best of luck with your quest.

Hopefully he will take student ticket - they shouldn't be that much different from the other.

I too was at that game, SilasSonRising. If I remember it was homecoming and we won quite handily. As was suggested it was Paterno's first season and a brief era when Penn State was down. BTW Silas is your moniker a play on words or a coincidence because it seemed that season just about every time Tech needed a big play and it was cloudy, and then the sun came out, Young Lefthander would throw a long pass to John Silas for a long gain or touchdown.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I too was at that game, SilasSonRising. If I remember it was homecoming and we won quite handily. As was suggested it was Paterno's first season and a brief era when Penn State was down. BTW Silas is your moniker a play on words or a coincidence because it seemed that season just about every time Tech needed a big play and it was cloudy, and then the sun came out, Young Lefthander would throw a long pass to John Silas for a long gain or touchdown.
Close, but it was John Sias. Last I heard, he was a residential developer in the Cherokee-Forsyth area.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I thought Steve Harkey set the record in 1970 vs Sackerliner. But, he isn't small. He played RB in NFL for a few seasons after Tech.
It was either Sias or Jimmy Robinson I thought. Both possession receivers as we used to call them. Similar to the kind New England seems to always find, like Ettelman. (Sp)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I thought Steve Harkey set the record in 1970 vs Sackerliner. But, he isn't small. He played RB in NFL for a few seasons after Tech.
Ok, just looked it up. Sias set the single game record for receptions (14) in 1968 against Navy. The record was tied by Harkey in 1970 -you were correct. The record has been tied twice more (never broken) including by Robert Lavette against Notre Dame.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ok, just looked it up. Sias set the single game record for receptions (14) in 1968 against Navy. The record was tied by Harkey in 1970 -you were correct. The record has been tied twice more (never broken) including by Robert Lavette against Notre Dame.
Thanks for checking. I had forgotten about Ramblin' Robert. I was at that 1968 game against Navy. It was cold rain and sleet, and I spent most of the time in the restroom under a heater. Wasn't that the game the PA called Jim Person from the stands to report to the Tech locker room?