1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

1966 Penn State Ticket Stub

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by bke1984, Jul 13, 2019.

1. bke1984

bke1984 Helluva Engineer

As many of you guys know, I collect Tech football ticket stubs. To date I've got a ticket from 934 games back to 1917, which is good for about 73% of all Tech football games ever played. From 1932 forward I've got 90% of the games covered.

The collection is documented at http://georgiatechticketstubs.com if you're interested in viewing any of it.

I've recently received an offer from a fellow collector to trade for a really nice piece of Tech history: a 1921 Georgia Tech vs. Penn State ticket from a game played at the Polo Grounds in New York City. In return he wants a ticket from the 1966 game between Penn State and Tech played at Grant Field. This was Paterno's first season as head coach, so he values this ticket highly. Unfortunately I've only got one season ticket for this game and one student ticket for the game. I'd rather not part with either, but would offer up the student ticket if necessary, though I'm not sure he'd take it.

Were any of our posters out here at this game and did you possibly save your stub? I'd gladly pay a nice fee for the ticket if you're willing to part with it.

Thanks for reading!

2. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Great job with that collection!

I was at that game (Dodd's last win), but I am sorry I don't have the stub.

Best of luck with your quest.

Hopefully he will take student ticket - they shouldn't be that much different from the other.

3. augustabuzz

augustabuzz Helluva Engineer

I was there for Paterno's first season and Dodd's last. Penn State never crossed the 50 against Bud Carson's defense. Alas, I was a teenager and didn't keep the ticket.

4. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

That was my senior year at Tech. It was an awesome season up until the cesspool.

augustabuzz likes this.
  5. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

I have a quite large of very old GT paraphernalia and often wonder where it will wind up at my death.

6. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Any one in your family big Tech fans ?

7. bke1984

bke1984 Helluva Engineer

I hope that is no time soon for sure, but I’d you have tickets you are looking to offload before that time hit me up.

My plans are to donate my collection to Tech some day so that they live in the museum at the edge building (or whatever it will soon be called)

5277hike, CuseJacket and Animal02 like this.
  8. Buzztheirazz

Buzztheirazz Helluva Engineer

Thats pretty awesome!