'14-15 Preseason Hoops Outlook

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sounds like mono..I have had pneumonia and fully recovered within a week.

It won't hurt my feelings if he remains under the weather.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Couldn't agree more.. I put zero stock in these conference previews. Especially from any of the Scout.com team sites.

If you (not you personally dtm) were an opposing team's fan, would you put much stock into the opinions and predictions of GoJackets.com?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sounds like mono..I have had pneumonia and fully recovered within a week.

It won't hurt my feelings if he remains under the weather.

Agreed. He'll recover ... it'll just have to be sometime after our game.

Nice humble brag, by the way, on your record-setting pneumonia recovery time. (y) Most of us would've probably been laid up for another week or two but, then again, not many of us are as rugged as c62. :D

Any of y'all going to the exhibition game tomorrow? I can't but hope someone can give us some updates.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As much as I would like to make it, I can't tomorrow night. I have been travelling this week and away from the fam.

It's also my anniversary tomorrow, so I don't think that I could sell that one even on my best day!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You couldn't take your lovely bride as a part of your anniversary? ;)
I am not privy to c62 or his wife's tolerance for liberal definitions of the word celebration, but my lovely bride might not consider a basketball game, even against uga, as a celebration meeting her definition of celebration. In fact, I would hesitate to even hint at the possibility of such a breech in celebratory etiquette.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I am not privy to c62 or his wife's tolerance for liberal definitions of the word celebration, but my lovely bride might not consider a basketball game, even against uga, as a celebration meeting her definition of celebration. In fact, I would hesitate to even hint at the possibility of such a breech in celebratory etiquette.

That's why I'm not married. I guess my definition was wrong? :)

I do know if mama ain't happy..nobody's happy. If mama continues to stay unhappy..mama is going to be happy with half your stuff.

C, happy anniversary to you and your lovely bride.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@orientalnc is right on the money. Mama is not as big of a basketball fan as I am. I usually drag her to one or two games a year (usually UNC or Duke). On top of it being our anniversary, we also have a year and a half old daughter. Since I was out of town a couple of days this week, and today is our anniversary, I didn't even suggest it.

Hey..you gotta pick your battles!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@orientalnc is right on the money. Mama is not as big of a basketball fan as I am. I usually drag her to one or two games a year (usually UNC or Duke). On top of it being our anniversary, we also have a year and a half old daughter. Since I was out of town a couple of days this week, and today is our anniversary, I didn't even suggest it.

Hey..you gotta pick your battles!!

As someone who travels a LOT for work, I can certainly sympathize. I'm committed (sentenced) to watching like 100 hours of (community service) HallMark channel holiday movies in the next few weeks. :confused:

I'm still angling to be in Orlando the week we're in that tournament down there. In-laws in the area so I'm suggesting visiting Orl where I'll hit the wife with a, "What? There's a Tech game here today ... :whistle:" Y'all gotta wish me luck on that one.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As someone who travels a LOT for work, I can certainly sympathize. I'm committed (sentenced) to watching like 100 hours of (community service) HallMark channel holiday movies in the next few weeks. :confused:

I'm still angling to be in Orlando the week we're in that tournament down there. In-laws in the area so I'm suggesting visiting Orl where I'll hit the wife with a, "What? There's a Tech game here today ... :whistle:" Y'all gotta wish me luck on that one.

Well, there's always the "Hey, I'm going to go out and get some more beer; do y'all want anything." And then come back 3 days later.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We finally made one of the CBS previews! But not one of the good ones...

Atleast he said some nice things about BG?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-preview-10-coaches-in-troubleon-the-hot-seat

A couple of curious names on that list.
- Tyndall: TN hiring a guy who already had 2 NCAA things in his past has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while.
- Lavin: Remember when he had that St. Johns squad that had about 8 seniors on it and he won all those games. I said way back then that was fool's gold.
- Turgeon: I had a feeling Carter would never play for him. By the time he's eligible Turgeon will likely be gone.

Well, there's always the "Hey, I'm going to go out and get some more beer; do y'all want anything." And then come back 3 days later.

:ROFLMAO: I'd be all like, "Man that line was long."

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...clellan-jalen-jones?page=2&devicetype=default

3 Tech transfers listed on SI's top 100 scoring transfers
69 - Charles Mitchell
72 - Robert Sampson
74 - Demarco Cox

Disappointed to not see MGH on the top 100 scorers or top breakout players lists

And don't even get me started on their ranking of all 365 teams...if you haven't seen it yet, don't look. Whatever formula they used is not even close

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
couple on the 351 rankings

Albany at 201 - way too low, won the A East tourney and their play in game at the NCAAT. Return best two players.
UTEP is WAAAAYYYYYYY too low. They are a tournament team.
I don't have a problem with where GT is, we havent earned anything better

Iowa, Syracuse, Harvard are too high

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
couple on the 351 rankings

Albany at 201 - way too low, won the A East tourney and their play in game at the NCAAT. Return best two players.
UTEP is WAAAAYYYYYYY too low. They are a tournament team.
I don't have a problem with where GT is, we havent earned anything better

Iowa, Syracuse, Harvard are too high

My issue is that Mississippi St., who is projected to be last in the SEC is ahead of us.

I also don't think we should be last in the ACC