12/2 - MBB vs. Duke — HOW BOUT THEM JACKETS!

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Gotta get rid of the no look passes, and by no look I mean on the receiving end.
Those were on Sturdivant. His team mates made cuts to get open and Sturdivant held the ball, so they go to cut and he throws them the ball when they are no longer looking. He's just not a PG. He is a better scorer than George, but George is the better floor general and a much better defender. The offense just looks better when George is at the point. George's offensive limitations might be mitigated to some degree when Lance Terry gets back.

EPIC win. Duke led for only 1:38 that entire game.

Ndongo! Little bit 'o Moses and a Little bit o' Bosh. Fluid as hell. Gave those Burger Boys fits. Hope we see LOTS more of that!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Go ahead and erase it... You might enjoy it too much and not be able to sleep.. 😁

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

Lucky for you, I've seen the game and it's spectacular.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
No kidding. NBA spacing in the corners. Three man game in the middle. Deebo backpick by design, whcih freed up Baye for the ally.

Someone said this earlier in a way; it absolutely felt like we had game control for most of the game. Today was no fluke.
School dees boys, cuse.

Were it not for our turnovers, we win this thang running away.

Never thought great-Nait would be able to stay on the floor for a game like that but ... I were wrong, bois.

Coach told us to watch out for Ndongo. But we were too busy complaining about his press conferences. Smells like he wasn't lying about that kid. And he's only gonna get better. Like @MtnWasp said, he got a little Bosh, mixed it with a bit of Moses, and tossed in some Ish at the end and messed around and made a monster.

I bet rutgers watching then highlights like ...

frustrated the wire GIF

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
The CW games suck. I don’t have cable and can’t find the CW anywhere else.
Their camera angles in basketball and football were atrocious. Today we missed seeing the actual ball about 5 times because of the aerial view. In football, they trotted out that horrific ref cam on numerous run plays that made you feel dizzy.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan

CDS wants it there every game. It really does make a difference in the game result. Great defensive energy all game today, but especially on that final possession.

The Tech faithful need to get off their butts … stand and cheer. I wanted to take the pulse of the Tech fans in our section. You are beating Duke … Tech is playing tough and with so much heart … and you just sit there? WTH?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
School dees boys, cuse.

Were it not for our turnovers, we win this thang running away.

Never thought great-Nait would be able to stay on the floor for a game like that but ... I were wrong, bois.

Coach told us to watch out for Ndongo. But we were too busy complaining about his press conferences. Smells like he wasn't lying about that kid. And he's only gonna get better. Like @MtnWasp said, he got a little Bosh, mixed it with a bit of Moses, and tossed in some Ish at the end and messed around and made a monster.

I bet rutgers watching then highlights like ...

frustrated the wire GIF
Ndongo was everything coach said he was and more.

If we can get a hot shooting guard to go with him we will rule the ACC.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the post game interview with Kelly and Ndongo. I've never seen someone so shy as Ndngo. He clearly did not want to be there. He came across as a very likable kid. Kelly was fine of course.
BTW, who didn't play? Abram, Terry, and Gapare by my count.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
As we are still basking in the glory of such an amazing win, let's analyze what went well:

The good great:
-Naithan George and Baye Ndongo. UN-BEE-LIEVABLE play from these two freshman. I still can't believe it. With tired legs and minds, they matched up against Filipowski and Roach and...won. It says a lot that CDS trusted them not only to play the final minutes, but to execute the winning play. Both of these guys have bright futures, and they put the league on notice.
-The defense. The rotations, the weakside help, the active hands, all of it has been much improved. I think they got the message that "defense wins championships." Dowuona and Ndongo held their own against Duke's big men.
-The shooting has improved as well. Its no coincidence that our FT % has been north of 80 in both of these last two wins.
-Kowacie Reeves. He had a HUGE game. Big threes. Solid defense. He might be our most efficient and consistent player.
-Shoutouts go to Kelly, Deebo, and Sturdivant for all making big shots down the stretch. Its such a luxury to have depth and experience.

The bad:
-Its hard to find any bad thing from such a good win, but I will say that we were careless with the ball way too much, and the 12 turnovers could have easily been closer to 20 had we lost all of the loose balls and errant passes.

We have improved our ranking (in most rankings) from 200+ to the low 100s. If we keep playing the way we have these last two games, the sky is the limit. Now lets go beat the dwags. Go Jackets!

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
No kidding. NBA spacing in the corners. Three man game in the middle. Deebo backpick by design, whcih freed up Baye for the ally.

Someone said this earlier in a way; it absolutely felt like we had game control for most of the game. Today was no fluke.
Spain PnR for the win!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
So are we getting votes in the AP poll tomorrow? Surely there has to be 1 voter who has seen our name pop up twice this week and has no clue about our loss to Lowell. I don't believe I've ever seen Georgia Tech receive votes in the AP poll for men's basketball as a fan (and it hasn't been a trivial amount of time).