11/9 - MBB vs. Howard

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Howard is a good team and that showed a lot of grit to come back on them! I think this team can be good this year if we shore up the rotations and the defense. I also believe getting Terry and Ndongo back will help with consistency.
They’re fine but they had three good players hit the portal last season as well. This is a cop out IMHO. We were the superior team and for the second game in a row we played poorly for 30 or so minutes.

Let’s just hope this isn’t a thing.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Win beats a loss but we had a lot of issues we need to either hope were one offs or we need to fix. One more tuneup game before first big test in cinci.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF

THWG

Helluva Engineer
They’re fine but they had three good players hit the portal last season as well. This is a cop out IMHO. We were the superior team and for the second game in a row we played poorly for 30 or so minutes.

Let’s just hope this isn’t a thing.
So what if they had 3 players transfer out. I saw that Howard was a well coached team with several good players and one great one in Odom. Did we play bad for 30 minutes, yes absolutely. But I think the comeback showed a team that has a lot of determination which is what I want to see when they're still figuring things out.

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Defense for the first 30 minutes…yuck. Rebounding…. Yerch!!

Glad we won, but jeez, it looked like no one cared for the first 30 minutes.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So what if they had 3 players transfer out. I saw that Howard was a well coached team with several good players and one great one in Odom. Did we played bad for 30 minutes, yes absolutely. But I think the comeback showed a team that has a lot of determination which is what I want to see when they're still figuring things out.
That is something I guess. We need to get it together if we expect to take advantage of this uptick in talent.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Very impressed with Howard as I thought they would be a decent team. Am not impressed with CDS yet as I didn't see a lot of sideline coaching except for substitutions. Sturdivant is the man who should be running this team. Abram is good and will be much better but he is a sophomore. Thank you Mr. Kelley.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Full credit for coming back to win this. That is big and not lost in the rest of what I saw

Our defensive effort and fundamentals sucked in the first half and were only marginally better in the second. It wasn’t any great scheme - just wide open driving lanes and no help when the ball got in the paint. I thought our D was good first game but it regressed badly tonight

Our offense looked good at times but regressed to one on one iso ball. Kelly made it work but it ain’t ACC level play.

I was also really surprised at the short bench tonight. Last game we played a lot and looked fresh. Tonight we had guys really gassed middle of the second half.

It’s a win. Take it and run. But lots to fix