11/9 - MBB vs. Howard

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll also note that Abram played better than Sturdy against Clark Atlanta. We have 2 good PGs - it’s a good spot to be in.
Iv20gt beat me to it. They both played well. Abram as a scorer and Kyle as a facilitator. Kyle with 11 assists to 2 turnovers is pretty eye popping, albeit against an inferior opponent. Note that he followed that performance with 6 assists to 1 turnover against southern. A pretty good ratio so far.

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
I liked what I saw with Abram...he plays at different speeds,can shoot and uses his body well in the lane.A young SO. with huge potential. Old man game will be a phrase we hear down the road when describing his game.Devoe but a better finisher,more physical in the lane.I think it'll be different guys doing it every night.Reeves looked explosive,Deebo looks efficient,Gapare plays as if he believes he's Tracy McGrady level,I'm ok with that lol.Sacko reminds me of a baby Larry Johnson.Ebenezer might have limited offensive game but hes like a giant fast twitch rim runner who i see becoming an offensive rebounding force keeping drives alive and Claude is a more physical Franklin...i see big things from him especially if he can hit an occasional jumper.Very excited to see if they can put two halves together.Anyone know the Terry/Baye availability?

Last edited:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Abram has a breakout coming. Right now I’d like to see him keep the ball moving around the perimeter. I think his natural inclination is to be an iso player and the ball seemed to die with him in the GaSo game at times. That’s just coaching/adjustments and it will come.

I like Deebo off of the bench, he’s a serious weapon in that role.

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
Hoping for a more efficient effort tonight. New coach and 486 new players, t’s going to take a minute. Hopefully we gel prior to conference season.

BTW I love the changes to the block/charge rule
I've watched a lot of games thus far and your right about the new player element...the nation is in flux with the transfer portal...teams or staffs that know chemistry and can evaluate talent will thrive.Our chemistry looks good,we have weaponry too bang with the big boys so I'm as hopeful as I've been in the last 10 years!

Tourneybound20

Georgia Tech Fan
Abram has a breakout coming. Right now I’d like to see him keep the ball moving around the perimeter. I think his natural inclination is to be an iso player and the ball seemed to die with him in the GaSo game at times. That’s just coaching/adjustments and it will come.

I like Deebo off of the bench, he’s a serious weapon in that role.
Spot on...Deebo looks aggressive but is not forcing anything, looks matured.And that sweeping dunk showed something new!

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
Is there a way to stream the game?
If you google "ncaa basketball streams reddit", you'll get a few sites with streams. However, be forewarned that they come with TONS of popups. I use them because I'm often out of the country. I also use a popup blocker extension on my browser so it's not so annoying. You have to have a little patience to find the right stream, but it's worth it to me because I just have to watch my tech basketball wherever I am in the world.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Loads of tickets available tonight. Gonna be another sparse one. Come on out and help our team generate some big runs if you're in the metro area.
The crowd is definitely sparse. Hopefully it picks up as this season gets going

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Twice Claude getting the ball at the top of the key gave me bad flashbacks of days past and twice he's dropped dimes

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Uh-oh. Teddy Valentine is out there on the court. Expect him to call some technical fouls…on the players, on the coaches, on the fans, and on the other referees…
He may behave since this game is barely televised

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It’s going to be a long season. Thankfully I think CDS can bring in talented players.

One game, really one half of one game, isn't definitive of anything especially missing some pieces.

That being said, we should at minimum be competitive with the combination of talent and experience we have in the back court. If not then we've got bigger issues.