11/6 - MBB vs. Georgia Southern

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Welcome home Jackets for another great season of GTMBB. Thoughts? Wishes? Starting lineup guesses? Guessing we see something like this:

Abram, Miles, Wacie, Gapare, Ndongo

Tickets are extremely cheap on SeatGeek and lots are available through ramblinwreck.com. See you all at McCamish!

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Welcome home Jackets for another great season of GTMBB. Thoughts? Wishes? Starting lineup guesses? Guessing we see something like this:

Abram, Miles, Wacie, Gapare, Ndongo

Tickets are extremely cheap on SeatGeek and lots are available through ramblinwreck.com. See you all at McCamish!
Per the article in today's (11/5) AJC, Ndongo isn't expected to be active. If that is the case, we may see either Coleman or Dowuona get the start. Excited about the start of this season!

That article can be found at:

Damon Stoudamire debuts Monday when Georgia Tech hosts Georgia Southern

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Good call out. Guess we’ll see Dowuona which makes me nervous. 3 players inactive already and we haven’t even played a game yet. Ouch.

If they must be inactive, I'd rather it be during this stretch of the season rather that in the middle. Hopefully we can get can also idea of what we can expect from Dowuona later in the year.

Go Jackets!:buzz:

Last edited:

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Per the article in today's (11/5) AJC, Ndongo isn't expected to be active. If that is the case, we may see either Coleman or Dowuona get the start. Excited about the start of this season!

That article can be found at:

Damon Stoudamire debuts Monday when Georgia Tech hosts Georgia Southern

Or we may see Sturdivant at the point and Abram at shooting guard. Moving Gapare to the 5 and taking advantage of his outside game. Assume that Kelly and Reeves round out the starting five. If Claude is back he could also play the 4.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Super pumped for the start of the Stoudamire era. It will be interesting to see how polished we look in game 1.

Damon has talked a lot about attention to detail and not skipping steps, I suspect that we will be ready from the opening tip.

Few things I'm most interested in seeing:

1. Defense - CDS said we were behind schedule, but I want to see if we play straight man or if we play zone. Do we have any rim protection?
2. Chemistry - How well do the new pieces fit together? I'm really excited to see Reeves, Sacko, and Gapare.
3. Offensive Sets - Hoping to see an exciting brand of basketball. I expect a lot of ball movement and a lot of penetration for kick out treys.
4. Crowd - How does the fanbase respond? Do we see a return of the Thrillerdome?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
4. Crowd - How does the fanbase respond? Do we see a return of the Thrillerdome?
Not expecting that tonight. The number and location of available seats for the game this evening on ramblinwreck.com is disappointing. I'm just hoping for a good student turnout - they have been amazing all football season. I think if we can start out 4-0, the place will be packed out for a ranked Mississippi State. Still, the exhibition turnout rivaled non-conference turnout last season so there is obviously some degree of increased enthusiasm. Expecting a few more people than last Wednesday. There should be a healthy contingent of Southern fans in Sec 100/115 too.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not expecting that tonight. The number and location of available seats for the game this evening on ramblinwreck.com is disappointing. I'm just hoping for a good student turnout - they have been amazing all football season. I think if we can start out 4-0, the place will be packed out for a ranked Mississippi State. Still, the exhibition turnout rivaled non-conference turnout last season so there is obviously some degree of increased enthusiasm. Expecting a few more people than last Wednesday. There should be a healthy contingent of Southern fans in Sec 100/115 too.
I'll be there four deep, loud as hell!

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I am excited about GT BB and tonight's game. I really don't know what to expect with so many changes from last year. Hoping for the best. This is just the beginning of what is hopefully a long and successful ride!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
1699306998605.jpeg

GaSo lost most of their production from last year but here’s their box score versus Augusta last week. Looks like they run a 6-7 man rotation so hopefully they get tired and we can manufacture some open 3s in the 2nd half. Keep an eye out for #25 and #12.