10-27 under Geoff Collins

Techster

Helluva Engineer
strength and conditioning coach needs to be jettisoned too. all he really does is make great videos. we are slower and weaker than ever.

S&C coach has been VERY disappointing. The trenches are a direct reflection of how good a S&C coach is.

Brent Key is another big disappointment. I remember there were some that wanted him as a HC...I don't think that's even thinkable at this point. Came in with a big reputation for developing OLs, and he did a good job for Bama, but GT isn't Bama. GT needs coaches who can find and develop, Key has been a big disappointment in both categories.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Not trying to be ad hominem but whi does this remind you of?

1663589875551.png

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Decided to watch a replay of the Ole Miss game 😳 to see if I could understand what happened Saturday.

My honest opinion is that Ole Miss was not some juggernaut that ran over us. We just flat didn’t want to be in this game. I don’t understand it but our team had already given up before the opening whistle.

Why?

Does anyone understand this?

If this game had been played in a previous century there would likely have been Senators calling for an investigation into a mob controlled gambling scheme.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watched the repay of the first quarter. What an embarrassment. Missed blocks, missed tackles, missed everything. Agree with NE. The team looked unprepared or just did not care.

Why was D Smith not playing more downs?

Give Sims a rest and see if another QB can move the offense... I know he is the man, but has not shown up yet.

Not sure but do not understand what happened.

The defense had no sense of urgency. The offense was overwhelmed.

Sad.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
S&C coach has been VERY disappointing. The trenches are a direct reflection of how good a S&C coach is.

Brent Key is another big disappointment. I remember there were some that wanted him as a HC...I don't think that's even thinkable at this point. Came in with a big reputation for developing OLs, and he did a good job for Bama, but GT isn't Bama. GT needs coaches who can find and develop, Key has been a big disappointment in both categories.
Yes on both counts. I was worried when I saw our "transformed" OL the first year. The idea seemed to be to get everybody's weight up. And, of course, to build muscle. I saw better strength and conditioning at my son's high school then that. What we have now is a bunch of relatively slow and inflexible players who have done what the S&C coach wanted and have actually regressed as a result.

As for Key, the less said the better. I never brought the hype on him and I've been proved right.

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
Decided to watch a replay of the Ole Miss game 😳 to see if I could understand what happened Saturday.

My honest opinion is that Ole Miss was not some juggernaut that ran over us. We just flat didn’t want to be in this game. I don’t understand it but our team had already given up before the opening whistle.

Why?

If this game had been played in a previous century there would likely have been Senators calling for an investigation into a mob controlled gambling scheme.
I rewatched parts on ESPNU. It is amazing they would replay it. Being gashed on the 26-yard (?) TD run when we were not set after a long pass was telling. Oh, I enjoyed the commentator's haberdashery (shirt) show - missed it Saturday.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Why?

My thoughts exactly. Basically Todd threw away this year.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Yes on both counts. I was worried when I saw our "transformed" OL the first year. The idea seemed to be to get everybody's weight up. And, of course, to build muscle. I saw better strength and conditioning at my son's high school then that. What we have now is a bunch of relatively slow and inflexible players who have done what the S&C coach wanted and have actually regressed as a result.

As for Key, the less said the better. I never brought the hype on him and I've been proved right.
Big is good but fat, weak & slow are generally not favorable attributes in an OL. I guess we need to take a look in the rear view mirror & determine if smaller and leaner but stronger & faster were better. Face it we're not getting SEC OL in here anytime soon. Maybe after a decade of OL development we start becoming a recognized OL powerhouse we start getting the cream of the crop, the biggest strongest fastest OL on the market but it was foolhardy to think it was ever going to be easier to recruit here than Bama & basically just steal their recruits.

Our model has always been in my 5 decades at GT that we get the not quite right sized guys with the heart of a lion, born winners and raise them up right. We tried to be ESPN hypey and we now see what that gets you.