WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't know how you could put the loser of the SEC championship in the CFP. After that game we will already know who is the better team. A rematch is a slap in the face to the other conference champs.
UGA vs Bama is going to be the most hyped game since Bama LSU. No way they play that game and then try to hype it up again a few weeks later. It would be a TV disaster.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Uga earned their ranking. It’s the right decision by the committee. Our collective hatred of them shouldn’t affect that. Taking them down in three weeks would be the ultimate, though. I’d probably quit sports for life if it happened.

northgajacket

Banned
UGA vs Bama is going to be the most hyped game since Bama LSU. No way they play that game and then try to hype it up again a few weeks later. It would be a TV disaster.

All I am saying is I would not doubt such a scenario ( only if uga goes undefeated heading into SECCG), they would hype it as the Teacher vs Student scenario, I didn't say it was smart, but when has ESPN made smart decisions lately anyway. They want as many SEC team in the CFP as possible. If uga was in another conference I doubt they would be 1 or 2. Saying uga is deserved of No. 1 is like saying Jeffrey Dahmer had a normal appetite.

Last edited:

northgajacket

Banned
Uga earned their ranking. It’s the right decision by the committee. Our collective hatred of them shouldn’t affect that. Taking them down in three weeks would be the ultimate, though. I’d probably quit sports for life if it happened.

I would actually say they deserved it if they did. The fact is they have only played two P5 teams with a winning record, sorry that does not warrant #1 ranking. PERIOD.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Meh. They have played one decent team and beat them by a single point.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I would actually say they deserved it if they did. The fact is they have only played two P5 teams with a winning record, sorry that does not warrant #1 ranking. PERIOD.
They won at #3 and destroyed #16 and haven’t been challenged otherwise, which to their credit. They’re a worthy number one right now. I hope we’re the team that strips them of their ranking.

northgajacket

Banned
They won at #3 and destroyed #16 and haven’t been challenged otherwise, which to their credit. They’re a worthy number one right now. I hope we’re the team that strips them of their ranking.

Notre Dame has a padded record. PERIOD. Mississippi State was also destroyed by Auburn and will probably get curb stomped by Bama this week. When you play crappy teams, of course no one is going to challenge you, look at Boise State during their "dynasty", they looked awesome against the New Mexico State's and Idaho's of the world and outside of a few good wins they normally struggled against great competition or their first real test ( like Nevada in 2010). You have to look at the whole body of work. Like in soccer, being undefeated in CONCACAF is not the same as being undefeated in UEFA or CONMEBOL.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that you got Atlanta sports radio guys hoping that Georgia Tech stays undefeated up until COFH to improve that other team's chances of making the CFP.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well. The have earned it. Must feel good. Wouldnt know that feeling (1990 i could care a less about tech then).

Funny. Last year the cupboard was bare. What about this year its largely the same team. And dont say fromm. He is solid. Game manager. This is all D and chubb and michel. So guess wasnt so bare. Just excuses.

They are flat blowing teams out. Go tigers. Roll tide.

northgajacket

Banned
Well. The have earned it. Must feel good. Wouldnt know that feeling (1990 i could care a less about tech then).

Funny. Last year the cupboard was bare. What about this year its largely the same team. And dont say fromm. He is solid. Game manager. This is all D and chubb and michel. So guess wasnt so bare. Just excuses.

They are flat blowing teams out. Go tigers. Roll tide.

Easy to blow out inferior competition.