Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Looks like it's between us, auburn, and bama to stop uga from getting to the natty. Chances they make it?

northgajacket

Banned
uga opens at #1? What a load. I think the selection committee has drank the hunch punch for halloween.

Never mind, I see that Beamer is on the committee and his kid is a coach at uga and please do not post about how he has to recuse himself, I still believe that connections play a role in selections, I have thought the about march madness too.

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Jackman is moving up towards my favorite optimistic poster.

I would love to be in the ESPN talking head planning meeting after we win --- " ok guys how do we spin this showing sec superiority?? No break into groups an come up with different narratives . I suggest we say Gt is truly the best in acc as they have been unlucky ( in having to play Clemson).

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
With wins over a 6-2 Mississippi state and a 7-1 Notre Dame it's hard to not rank them that high. Bama hasn't beaten a single team with an AP vote IIRC, and UGa has the most votes in the AP poll followed by Notre Dame (e.g. If you sum up the votes in the AP poll of every team you've beaten, the highest vote getters would be Uga, ND, tOSU and OU) so I don't wanna hear anything about SOS. It's definitely bottom heavy at this point but the one big game UgA needed to win they did and smushed everyone else and ND has been the same with a 6-2 USC and MSU as their marquee victories

northgajacket

Banned
With wins over a 6-2 Mississippi state and a 7-1 Notre Dame it's hard to not rank them that high. Bama hasn't beaten a single team with an AP vote IIRC, and UGa has the most votes in the AP poll followed by Notre Dame (e.g. If you sum up the votes in the AP poll of every team you've beaten, the highest vote getters would be Uga, ND, tOSU and OU) so I don't wanna hear anything about SOS. It's definitely bottom heavy at this point but the one big game UgA needed to win they did and smushed everyone else and ND has been the same with a 6-2 USC and MSU as their marquee victories

Notre Dame had 5 easy wins, Mississippi State showed they were overrated when they were also curb stomped by Auburn. As for the AP Poll, I think 1990 showed that sportswriters half the time don't know what the hell they are voting for, most don't watch the whole games usually and some don't even watch the game at all. It is a flawed system. USC faltered against good competition and barely defeated Western Michigan and a pretty bland Texas team.

northgajacket

Banned
Alabama:
Played #3 Fla State at beginning of season.
Has outscored common opponents (Tenn and Vandy) 104-7
Avg. MOV: 33.3

Georgia:
Played #24 Notre Dame and #17 Mississppi State.
Outscored common opponents 86-14
Avg. MOV: 26.25

The only thing that uga has something more impressive over Bama is the number of ranked teams played and that is only one more (and neither was in the top 15 let alone top 10) .

LibertyTurns

Banned
The MFers will lose, hopefully the last game of the regular season as the later you lose the worse it screws you.

My panties will be in a bind if that doesn’t occur until game 15. I’d hate to see them #2.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Alabama:
Played #3 Fla State at beginning of season.
Has outscored common opponents (Tenn and Vandy) 104-7
Avg. MOV: 33.3

Georgia:
Played #24 Notre Dame and #17 Mississppi State.
Outscored common opponents 86-14
Avg. MOV: 26.25

The only thing that uga has something more impressive over Bama is the number of ranked teams played and that is only one more.

Bama has played 0 ranked opponents. Does FSU deserve to be ranked still? No. And as for the common opponent games, when does a 35-7 game differentiate from a 42-7 game? One you're up enough scores the first strings come out. It doesn't make senese to compare MOV when you're essentially running up the score. I think Bama is the better team but if the playoff was tomorrow, UGA has a better, if not the best, resume out there. Clemson has arguably the best wins IMO, but having a loss against an unranked team hurts

northgajacket

Banned
Bama has played 0 ranked opponents. Does FSU deserve to be ranked still? No. And as for the common opponent games, when does a 35-7 game differentiate from a 42-7 game? One you're up enough scores the first strings come out. It doesn't make senese to compare MOV when you're essentially running up the score. I think Bama is the better team but if the playoff was tomorrow, UGA has a better, if not the best, resume out there. Clemson has arguably the best wins IMO, but having a loss against an unranked team hurts

No., but I go by when they played them before their qb got hurt, we all know FSU would not be struggling if he was playing and the last I checked the second team is on the team also. Bama had a better MOV over Vandy and they put their second team at halftime, uga did not. Notre Dame has 5 easy victories which make them look better then they are.

Last edited:

northgajacket

Banned
The MFers will lose, hopefully the last game of the regular season as the later you lose the worse it screws you.

My panties will be in a bind if that doesn’t occur until game 15. I’d hate to see them #2.

Sadly the committee will probably still find a way to put them in. I think they are hoping for a Saban vs Smart Championship game, lets just say I wouldn't doubt it if ESPN is pulling strings.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Sadly the committee will probably still find a way to put them in. I think they are hoping for a Saban vs Smart Championship game, lets just say I wouldn't doubt it if ESPN is pulling strings.

I don't know how you could put the loser of the SEC championship in the CFP. After that game we will already know who is the better team. A rematch is a slap in the face to the other conference champs.

northgajacket

Banned
I don't know how you could put the loser of the SEC championship in the CFP. After that game we will already know who is the better team. A rematch is a slap in the face to the other conference champs.

I just think they would pull such a stunt. Look at Penn State last year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting UGA to be #1. It was the only thing the committee could do to spark discussion this week. I doubt they actually think UGA is better than Bama. For UGA to win the National Championship they will have to beat us, Auburn, Bama (possibly twice), and a team like Clemson. Best of luck to them pulling that off. The cupcake string is going to end soon. No more coasting.