1/9 - GT MBB vs Notre Dame

GT33

Helluva Engineer
We endured 5 years of Gregory then 7 years of Pastner. I hate the losing, but we've been in 13 of the 15 games this year so far. Personally, I think a couple years would be the minimum to give Stoudamire a shot. If year 3 is still a **** storm, pull the plug. Halfway thru year 1 just seems a bit extreme to be wanting to commit hara kiri.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We endured 5 years of Gregory then 7 years of Pastner. I hate the losing, but we've been in 13 of the 15 games this year so far. Personally, I think a couple years would be the minimum to give Stoudamire a shot. If year 3 is still a **** storm, pull the plug. Halfway thru year 1 just seems a bit extreme to be wanting to commit hara kiri.
Someone wants to fire CDS already?

What'd I miss?

Sounds like someone has an asinine take.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Micah Shrewsberry, who you quote, must be your kind of guy. I guess his stellar coaching resume far excels that of CDS, huh? You did a nice job of cherry-picking his quotes. But these quotes didn’t just come from a mere press conference. They came from what Sports Illustrated described, following a mid-December home loss to The Citadel as a

“…scathing and viral rant….” You left out the best part of your guy’s quote as noted by SI, “Notre Dame men’s basketball coach Micah Shrewsberry ripped his team after an embarrassing 65–45 loss to The Citadel. In his powerful postgame rant, he said he’d help players transfer from the Fighting Irish if they didn’t play hard.

I didn't leave anything out. I said flat out that

And he was also harsh on his players as well, even moreso than CDS.

The quotes I picked were those that demonstrated the difference in the two pressers. Namely, one coach took responsibility while the other didn't.

I almost get the feeling you actually enjoy seeing GT lose, just to get another opportunity to fire away a new forum bash at their alleged coach.

Yeah because after the FSU loss I posted... absolutely nothing. I even intentionally avoided talking about coaching in the mid season evaluation thread that I posted in between the BC and FSU games.
But surely I blasted the coach after the BC loss at home right? Nope. The only thing I posted about that game was the discussion over why a common foul could be taken off when a flagrant is ruled on replay and talking about that very specific situation. So spare me your BS about being happy we lose so I can bash the coach.

But I got tired of listening to and reading about players being thrown under the bus with no responsibility being taken by or being given to the head coach. The fans have been criticized more by this forum than the head coach.

How do we lose at home to the team many predicted to be the second worst team in the league, and the head coach gets no criticism at all?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
At this point, CDS needs to determine whether he wants to help the players be more competitive this season by implementing some zone defense. We can’t let a team like ND drive the lane all night with no answer. I also worry playing man defense all night is wearing the guys down. However, I think he’s going to prove his point and concede this season as a “practice” season and stick with his system. We will start seeing by midway next season if it’s starting to work.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I've lost the plot

Niall Horan Fight GIF by The Voice

Cornbread.......

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Someone wants to fire CDS already?

What'd I miss?

Sounds like someone has an asinine take.
But I know whatever I say will just be written off because I "hate" CDS. I disliked the hire because he was extremely unproven as a coach at this level. Him I was indifferent to. But listening to him throw the players under the bus and not take accountability at all is starting to annoy me.

Listen to his post game. He includes a token line at the begging about how everyone, staff included, needs to get tired of losing. Then he makes sure to tell you that if he is confident in one thing it is the preparation, and then later how before the game you teach the game and then once the game starts, or as he put it everything between the lines, is all about you and your brothers, including flat out saying the coach can't help you with it. So he made sure to tell you he wasn't at fault. He'll also tell you all about how our players don't play with toughness. They play hard but don't compete. They just play and don't think. They don't "play for their brothers". He [CDS] can't be the only one that has expectations for them. Miles Kelly isn't used to being the guy on a winning team.
It's uncommon to get such a rousing endorsement like this early in any coach's tenure, but I guess this qualifies as solid support of our coach.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's uncommon to get such a rousing endorsement like this early in any coach's tenure, but I guess this qualifies as solid support of our coach.
Oh. I see where you've quoted my post and then it appears there's another post noted as being ignored.

Haven't read anything by them in forever. It's been great.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
I was a young man when that account went on ignore.
If you are both referring to the same account I think you are referring to, I much appreciate being reminded that I have another choice besides tongue-biting and reading but ignoring, neither of which I am very good at. Thanks for the tip. Think I’ll try your way.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Oh. I see where you've quoted my post and then it appears there's another post noted as being ignored.

Haven't read anything by them in forever. It's been great.
I’m not into censoring. Only blocked 1 person on this site because that crazo wouldn’t go away. I can tell from his voluminous number of ignored posts and the responses that he’s gotten he’s been extremely busy personally attacking a whole host of others. I’m sure he’s a delightful human in person but not when hiding behind his keyboard.

Bad opinions are just bad opinions but I understand how they impact the general back & forth on this site and piss people off. They just don’t bother me much.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m not into censoring. Only blocked 1 person on this site because that crazo wouldn’t go away. I can tell from his voluminous number of ignored posts and the responses that he’s gotten he’s been extremely busy personally attacking a whole host of others. I’m sure he’s a delightful human in person but not when hiding behind his keyboard.

Bad opinions are just bad opinions but I understand how they impact the general back & forth on this site and piss people off. They just don’t bother me much.
I don't view it as censoring, as much as self-selecting out of conversations with people I don't want to have them with, typically on an earned basis.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I don't view it as censoring, as much as self-selecting out of conversations with people I don't want to have them with, typically on an earned basis.
Sorry, didn’t mean to come off as judging your choice. I fully understand why anyone would do the same. I just choose to do differently. Probably explains why I’ll still watch every GT game even when it becomes painful.

Here’s to 2-0 against dook and 0-3 against everyone else!

Go Jackets!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sorry, didn’t mean to come off as judging your choice. I fully understand why anyone would do the same. I just choose to do differently. Probably explains why I’ll still watch every GT game even when it becomes painful.

Here’s to 2-0 against dook and 0-3 against everyone else!

Go Jackets!
I didn't feel like you were judging me, just spinning the ignore button into a positive.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow

I always hesitate to use wasp spray against Yellowjackets. Just never thought it appropriate, symbolically, to destroy them. But occasionally they show up way too often with nothing to offer, and always & annoyingly, to ruin a good time. The spray can comes in handy.

There are very few human equivalents and in their cases we have a delightful option that neither censors nor destroys them. On the one hand, they are absolutely free to go on, even prolifically, to annoy “actual fans” of GT, some of whom are not bothered as much as others. On the other hand, for those of use who prefer not to be annoyed, we have an ignore wasp spray button that performs like a permanent delete. It’s a win, win for everyone; actual fans & theoretical fans alike.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Commit hari kiri? Do you think it's unreasonable to expect the head coach to take some of the responsibility after a 4th straight loss? Especially since the last three weren't exactly juggernauts and the last two were at home?

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Commit hari kiri? Do you think it's unreasonable to expect the head coach to take some of the responsibility after a 4th straight loss? Especially since the last three weren't exactly juggernauts and the last two were at home?
Good grief. Just let it go.