1/6 - MBB vs. Boston College

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
That was bogus! Those refs changed the game with that switched call, then technical foul. I agree we need to play better defense, make our free throws, etc., but that changed the outcome.

Saying that, how many guys had career days today? Play some stinking defense.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hope the team keeps it together. None of them have seen the replays of the foul. I watched them several times and could be wrong, but it looked like the ref got the call right.

What a pile of it.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
We suck. Same as Pastner teams. No difference here. Have a 16 pt lead and lose by 8. Same GT basketball

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
We don’t play consistent basketball. This team has had bad halves many many times already this year. Something has to change on our defensive approach. Idk if that means playing zone or what but giving up 95 to BC after being up 16 early 2H is one of the worst defensive performances I’ve ever seen. We’re in for a long season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wa-wa-wait, I was distracted. How did .... what ... why did that first call get overturned and why was it a tech?

Did Kelly's face foul that guys elbow?

And how did they never T up Harris? He was out of control all game, including at the refs.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
We suck. Same as Pastner teams. No difference here. Have a 16 pt lead and lose by 8. Same GT basketball
We’re arguably worse than pastner teams. Most of his teams played good defense he just couldn’t recruit well enough to find ACC level scorers. Hopefully the Stoudamire recruiting gets us going in the right direction next year and they change up defensive approach.

Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn’t lose because of the refs but I thought Miles Kelly got elbowed in the face before the hook and hold happened. That situation hurt combined with the following tech. Once Stoudamire lost control of his emotions, it was over for the team as you could tell everyone in the gym was losing composure. But GT had many chances to put BC away early and those few calls at the end wouldn’t have been seen as a big deal if they did.

GT is good to watch for one half a game. Have potential for more but something has to get figured out.

Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
It changed the outcome. Kelly should have been on the line. Instead, they got 5 free points. The hook and hold rule was created for big guys in the post not that.
It didn’t change the outcome. Gt not playing well for 12+ min changed the outcome. It was a clear hook and hold, though I think he got fouled before the hook and hold.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Wa-wa-wait, I was distracted. How did .... what ... why did that first call get overturned and why was it a tech?

Did Kelly's face foul that guys elbow?

And how did they never T up Harris? He was out of control all game, including at the refs.
Exactly. I can see calling the hook and hold but you can’t reverse the elbow to the face.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
It didn’t change the outcome. Gt not playing well for 12+ min changed the outcome. It was a clear hook and hold, though I think he got fouled before the hook and hold.
I disagree. It was a three point game at that point. Kelly could have made it a one point game. Instead, we were down eight.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It changed the outcome. Kelly should have been on the line. Instead, they got 5 free points. The hook and hold rule was created for big guys in the post not that.
I don't get the hook and hold. Kelly takes a shot to the face which is supposed to be a flagrant. Are they saying after he took the shot he then grabbed the other players hand the put it on his throat faking being choked?