🔥🔥🔥 Good Take on our Current Challenges

slugboy

Staff member
Williams is not a 3rd year player because 2020 was just a few months. That's why Tech, the ACC, and NCAA say he is a rising soph.
We played 10 games in 2020. We play 12 "normally", including this year. We missed out on spring practice in 2020, but it seems really close to a full season, even if it was a mess of one.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
We played 10 games in 2020. We play 12 "normally", including this year. We missed out on spring practice in 2020, but it seems really close to a full season, even if it was a mess of one.
We had 2 full months for S&C, part of Jan all Feb and a bit of March. We had most of Sept, all of October and part of Dec. And during that whole time, we practiced as a team the 3 practices in March. Not even close to a whole year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's what Stansbury said in his Holiday email where he did address football directly. Don't know what else he can say. Talk is cheap and all that matters for football is performance now IMHO:
1640361574444.png

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Here's what Stansbury said in his Holiday email where he did address football directly. Don't know what else he can say. Talk is cheap and all that matters for football is performance now IMHO:
1640361574444.png
This is almost meaningless unless there are metrics he has to meet. Usually that is number of wins to start. Could also be where the O and D are rated within D1. Making a bowl game. Final season ranking (ie top 25). Otherwise just subjective.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
This is almost meaningless unless there are metrics he has to meet. Usually that is number of wins to start. Could also be where the O and D are rated within D1. Making a bowl game. Final season ranking (ie top 25). Otherwise just subjective.
I'd be willing to be that there are a LOT of metrics in place, but they aren't likely to be made public. Some general concepts...areas for improvement...may be floated in press conferences, but hard numbers will probably be kept private.

slugboy

Staff member
I'd be willing to be that there are a LOT of metrics in place, but they aren't likely to be made public. Some general concepts...areas for improvement...may be floated in press conferences, but hard numbers will probably be kept private.
I can’t think of an AD publicly announcing “we’re holding the coach to a minimum of 7 wins and a good bowl slot”. Like you said, the metrics might be shared with some boosters and “insiders”, but they wouldn’t be public.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I wouldn't want to make metrics public. Can you imagine being one of the big time donors that were so desperate to get in the AJC that they made their expectations public? The result is that the article is forgotten if you meet the metrics or you look totally impotent when the metrics aren't met.

All that stuff should be handled in private.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Williams is not a 3rd year player because 2020 was just a few months. That's why Tech, the ACC, and NCAA say he is a rising soph.
augusta, we played TEN games, ok ? Also, I believe Williams was an early enrollee.

Last edited:

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I said implementation. The plans may have been in place, but it was implemented under Collins.
If Collins claims credit for this, he would be like the rooster who thought he made the sun come up.
I think it got hatched in 2015, off & running in 2017. First symposium was in 2018. 2nd one happened when Collins was here. Someone closer to this than me can weigh in with other details but this is as much as I know as far as the origins go.