“D & ST”

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Oh, is this the “we don’t have money so we’re doomed to failure” thread? I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I was looking for the “our academics are too hard so we’re doomed to failure” thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope collins is the salesman everyone hopes he is. But I am not sold that hes going to make everything Johnson's ran intoover thr past decade go away

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I really hope collins is the salesman everyone hopes he is. But I am not sold that hes going to make everything Johnson's ran intoover thr past decade go away

Oh. We have our challenges here. Geoff can recruit better and end up with the same record etc. for sure. No doubt.

But. What we hope is he recruits a notch and a half better more consistently. And when he catches fire in a bottle like Paul will; instead of 9-3 its 11-1 with a shot at it every 6 years. Or whatever

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
While I think CGC can coach and recruit, it’s hard to be sure since he’s bounced around so much. He’s a bit like Ted Roof in that respect. You had your suspicions one way or the other about his abilities, but just couldn’t be sure because he was never in one spot long enough.

It’s not worth worrying about though. We’ll found out soon enough one way or the other.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
What's the saying? Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.

That’s a classic saying, but I do wonder if it is true anymore. I think when push comes to shove nowadays, you want a high powered offense instead of a great defense. That said, the still has defense has to be decent. A lousy defense can be scored upon every time, but even he best of offenses occasionally turn the ball over or have a couple of 3-and-outs. Unfortunately, that’s what tripped up CPJ a few times. He would develop a great offense only to find his defense doing its best impression of a doormat.

Some of Gailey’s teams were the opposite - lots of defense but couldn’t score enough to matter.

Hopefully, CGC can get both pieces working at the same time.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Oh. We have our challenges here. Geoff can recruit better and end up with the same record etc. for sure. No doubt.

But. What we hope is he recruits a notch and a half better more consistently. And when he catches fire in a bottle like Paul will; instead of 9-3 its 11-1 with a shot at it every 6 years. Or whatever
Exactly

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
While I think CGC can coach and recruit, it’s hard to be sure since he’s bounced around so much. He’s a bit like Ted Roof in that respect. You had your suspicions one way or the other about his abilities, but just couldn’t be sure because he was never in one spot long enough.

It’s not worth worrying about though. We’ll found out soon enough one way or the other.

I would think at this point it's time to prove it as a head coach. He's proven himself as a DC. It would be hard to bounce "up" from here without some level of success. The contract here should give him plenty of time to prove himself. Hopefully it happens sooner than later!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Oh, is this the “we don’t have money so we’re doomed to failure” thread? I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. I was looking for the “our academics are too hard so we’re doomed to failure” thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Continuing to do the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results is........