“D & ST”

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You really think GT is going to pay for coordinators the way Clemson does?
I do not know what we are going to pay CGC. Coach Venables makes 1.7 mil and Tony Elliott makes 800k (so does their other co coord).

We can not afford that, but Clemson was not paying that either at first. If we want to be serious about football, we need to pay both of and DC in the 900k+ range in my opinion.

The teams investing the most in football are performing the best. If we continue to be cheap, we should expect to not succeed. TStan seems to understand we are not spending at the level we need to.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It can always be worse. Remember we haven't been shut out in like 25 years.

18 - At end of third quarter we had 100 yds and zero offensive points and uga had 45 points. Uga was merciful. How can it get worse? Uga the dog runs out and takes a dump at mid field.? Uga spends twice what we do. 28 years ago Duke was a laughing stock and we were national champ .

I give both the coachesn appreciation for the past accplishments and the NEW ENERGY for future accomplishment.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We are, however, spending at the level we support financially. It's not like we're banking extra cash each year with the money we save being cheap. If we want TStan spending, then we need to get revenue streaming in.
Isn’t that part of the capital campaign though? He’s trying to make us all stakeholders of GT growth.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Isn’t that part of the capital campaign though? He’s trying to make us all stakeholders of GT growth.

No. And that's what worries me. The 2020 initiative funds facility upgrades and recruiting help, but it does not include specific funds for upping our coaches pay. There is some room under sports specific operations, but by and large the bulk of the money in the initiative will be for facilities.

herb

Helluva Engineer
We are, however, spending at the level we support financially. It's not like we're banking extra cash each year with the money we save being cheap. If we want TStan spending, then we need to get revenue streaming in.

This may be true, but how is every other school in acc but wake spending more than us. Are they all profligate? Are we simply cheap skates (well this is ga tech, so yes).

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
This may be true, but how is every other school in acc but wake spending more than us. Are they all profligate? Are we simply cheap skates (well this is ga tech, so yes).

We are a fairly small fanbase that doesn't give like we should. It will continue to cripple us until we make a change in our giving habits.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We are a fairly small fanbase that doesn't give like we should. It will continue to cripple us until we make a change in our giving habits.
I hope the AA will let him speak at AA regional meetings. Houston would raise money just to beat

I hope this guy does what brilles did- went to all the midsize towns and cast his vision. Invited alumn and hs coaches. Oh I see the alumni rolls are confidential and not available to gtaa.

Last edited:

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
No I incessantly mocked Dab Uh-oh. He’s gotten enough players and surrounded himself with a good enough staff to avoid crapping himself as often, but I’m really not sure he personally is a good coach. That’s not Clemp’s model though. They have a winning system and over a short period so far have sustained it which is more than most others can muster.
And folks they are spending ~2X what we are spending. When Dabo took over we were much closer in our spend. Our AD cut our budget and Clemson’s doubled down. This has to change or Geoff will be constrained on what he can accomplish.