Zamari Walton transfer

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yes. Great news. He’s a really good player. Any word from Myles Sims yet?
Spider has eligibility left. As a Grad. Trf., he isn’t restricted to filing by Jan. 18 or the first 15 days of May like the Portal guys.
I guess no news is good news in his case.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Spider has eligibility left. As a Grad. Trf., he isn’t restricted to filing by Jan. 18 or the first 15 days of May like the Portal guys.
I guess no news is good news in his case.
I was thinking NFL was more likely than transfer, for both Walton and Sims. Both are good enough to compete for a roster spot in the league. And NFL teams are always looking for DB depth and carry a lot on practice squads.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I was thinking NFL was more likely than transfer, for both Walton and Sims. Both are good enough to compete for a roster spot in the league. And NFL teams are always looking for DB depth and carry a lot on practice squads.
I don’t think Sims is ready for the NFL or even the CFL. Another year won’t hurt for his future in the 40 year plan.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t think Sims is ready for the NFL or even the CFL. Another year won’t hurt for his future in the 40 year plan.
6’3 corner with good speed. Someone that likes to play a lot of zone D will take a look at him. I don’t think he has a huge career, but bouncing between practice squads and active roster when there are injuries is pretty common for young DBs on NFL teams. Rod Sweeting, Chris Milton, Mario Butler, Jah Word Daniels, Lou Young all cashed NFL paychecks that way. And I’d put Sims in similar company

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
6’3 corner with good speed. Someone that likes to play a lot of zone D will take a look at him. I don’t think he has a huge career, but bouncing between practice squads and active roster when there are injuries is pretty common for young DBs on NFL teams. Rod Sweeting, Chris Milton, Mario Butler, Jah Word Daniels, Lou Young all cashed NFL paychecks that way. And I’d put Sims in similar company
I believe another year in school wouldn’t hurt his draft stock at all. Some guys would actually benefit from it, and get drafted higher with guaranteed money.