Zach Quinney forgoes football for job opportunity

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech’s Zach Quinney forgoes football for job opportunity

A three-year starter and a captain for the 2020 team, Georgia Tech offensive tackle Zach Quinney has decided to move forward from football. He was planning to return for his fourth season until he received a job opportunity that he decided to accept, Quinney told the AJC Monday.

Quinney was initially enrolled this semester after having graduated in December with a degree in business administration, but withdrew to begin his work career, calling it a “very difficult decision” in a text message.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Quinlan, I believe, had something on this week or so ago, but I don't know if he had a quote from Quinney like Ken got

Maybe he's going to work for Ace Tomato Company or Global Import Export
(Ace Tomato was the cover company in a lot of movies/stories for guys working for The Company. Commander Bond "worked" for Global Import Export as his MI6 cover)

In reality, it wasn't Ace Tomato. They liked using petrochemical companies like...
whoops ... not gonna violate OpSec here....

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Well, we'll miss him. I know a lot of people here thought that Kirby would take his job, but I never did. Still, I'm glad he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Those normally don't come around but once in your early 20s.

Thanks, Zach! I always enjoyed watching you play. Good luck and I hope this opportunity works out. Oh, and try to lose all the flab they asked you to put on.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Its strange but we seem to be the only scho this happens to, not that its a bad thing. Proud to be a Tech and see that our guys know there more to life than just ball.

Now Zach since you're working, there's this thing called the A T Fund and Support the Swarm.....

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Quinlan, I believe, had something on this week or so ago, but I don't know if he had a quote from Quinney like Ken got

Maybe he's going to work for Ace Tomato Company or Global Import Export
(Ace Tomato was the cover company in a lot of movies/stories for guys working for The Company. Commander Bond "worked" for Global Import Export as his MI6 cover)

In reality, it wasn't Ace Tomato. They liked using petrochemical companies like...
whoops ... not gonna violate OpSec here....
"Spies Like Us" I think had Ace Tomato Company.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Well, we'll miss him. I know a lot of people here thought that Kirby would take his job, but I never did. Still, I'm glad he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Those normally don't come around but once in your early 20s.

Thanks, Zach! I always enjoyed watching you play. Good luck and I hope this opportunity works out. Oh, and try to lose all the flab they asked you to put on.

Don't forget about Cochran.

But regardless, Zach was and would continue to be an important contributor on and off the field. I'm proud of his representation of Tech and wish him luck moving forward.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget about Cochran.

But regardless, Zach was and would continue to be an important contributor on and off the field. I'm proud of his representation of Tech and wish him luck moving forward.
Having Zach meant we could move Cochran to guard. It's a chess game and now we need to reevaluate the pieces.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am revisiting this topic here. I have the utmost respect for this young man and his decision. With that being said, I have been working for 4 decades or so since leaving Ma Tech. I could retire but don't want to just yet for reasons hard to explain. The good jobs are always there for a young man or woman with a GT diploma. FFS, stay in college and put off the grind for another year. It doesn't really matter if you play FB or not. Quit the team if you are tired of the that particular grind and I know, from speaking with former D1 college FB players, it is not all fun and games for the most part despite what the fans may think or believe. Just enjoy your experience while you can. The job offer that seems so big now will look like peanuts 4 or 5 decades from now. The "real world" will be there for a long, long time. WTBS, best wishes and thank you for all of your contributions Zach. Goooooooo JJjjjaaaaaaacccckkkkeeeetttts. Sting 'em.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I am revisiting this topic here. I have the utmost respect for this young man and his decision. With that being said, I have been working for 4 decades or so since leaving Ma Tech. I could retire but don't want to just yet for reasons hard to explain. The good jobs are always there for a young man or woman with a GT diploma. FFS, stay in college and put off the grind for another year. It doesn't really matter if you play FB or not. Quit the team if you are tired of the that particular grind and I know, from speaking with former D1 college FB players, it is not all fun and games for the most part despite what the fans may think or believe. Just enjoy your experience while you can. The job offer that seems so big now will look like peanuts 4 or 5 decades from now. The "real world" will be there for a long, long time. WTBS, best wishes and thank you for all of your contributions Zach. Goooooooo JJjjjaaaaaaacccckkkkeeeetttts. Sting 'em.
He already has his degree, I don't see what wrong with him doing his thing now