Your Favorite Player that No One Talked About

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
With the post-season finally coming to an end, I thought maybe I should throw one more thread into the ring of dumb threads before Week One.

Players that didn't necessarily stand out, but were impactful to you.

My nominees: Kenny Scott, Darryl Richard, DJ Donley (or Correy Earls), Pat Clark and Rashuan Grant.

I really liked these players, but they weren't names and made specific impacts in certain games.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Impact doesn't mean they were good - just means you always were watching when they played. No idea why I liked those players.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
D Rich was a part of a phenomenal D line we had from about 06-08. Kenny Scott was a guy you didn’t hear about much because nobody wanted to throw at him. One of the best lock down corners I’ve seen come through Tech. I always enjoyed watching Robbie Godhigh, Tony Zenon and Jahi Word-Daniels.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know if DJ Donley ever played for anyone after he left GT. I thought he was headed for Purdue, but I don't think he made it there. Regarding the topic, I'm going to make my choice as a coach, Mac McWhorter.

nwgatech

Georgia Tech Fan
Recent years: Deon Hill and Charles Perkins
Charles one of my all time favorites because he never let the fact that others expectations from early in his career that were hampered by injuries throughout his career keep him from being such a strong Aback to finish. Sometimes in 2014 you would see flashes in his limited carries at AB of what he would gave beenif featured at BB. The same with Deon. His illness was overcome and he had some key big plays throughput his career that, especially in 2014, that changed the flow or even outcome of the game.

When I was young I loved Ronnie Cone. I really loved to watch a guy named Doug Sendobry play like a madman at LB.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Recent years: Deon Hill and Charles Perkins
Charles one of my all time favorites because he never let the fact that others expectations from early in his career that were hampered by injuries throughout his career keep him from being such a strong Aback to finish. Sometimes in 2014 you would see flashes in his limited carries at AB of what he would gave beenif featured at BB. The same with Deon. His illness was overcome and he had some key big plays throughput his career that, especially in 2014, that changed the flow or even outcome of the game.

When I was young I loved Ronnie Cone. I really loved to watch a guy named Doug Sendobry play like a madman at LB.

Those are really good calls.

slugboy

Staff member
Tim Byerly, Andrew Marshall, Ryan Rodwell (Punter, rarely saw the field), Cooper Taylor (fumble), Anthony Allen, Cox brothers. Joe Anoai and Adamm Oliver.

It’s hard to avoid someone who’s at least a little heralded.

Ron Rogers having to be the second half of the “and” (always BROOKING and Rogers).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Embry Peeples. The perfect AB, imho. One of the fastest players we've had at Tech. Would have been murder in the slot.

P. J. Daniels. Wish we had him today. That rock-'em, sock-'em running style could be of real use in the O.

John Paul Foschi. Perhaps the best TE in Tech history. Played in the NFL for years after us.

Ron Rogers. Great LB. Not as fast as Brooking, but you never noticed.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Embry Peeples. The perfect AB, imho. One of the fastest players we've had at Tech. Would have been murder in the slot.

P. J. Daniels. Wish we had him today. That rock-'em, sock-'em running style could be of real use in the O.

John Paul Foschi. Perhaps the best TE in Tech history. Played in the NFL for years after us.

Ron Rogers. Great LB. Not as fast as Brooking, but you never noticed.
Peeples had that big hit on Kamm chancellor in that big win vs VT in 09.