You know what I like about this NC title game?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There were two games recently that impressed me, especially on the defensive side of the ball....the OSU game last night and the Colts D against the Broncos. OSU's defense tackled extremely well, there was little or no YAC. If you would have told anyone that OSU would lose the TO battle 4-0, most of us would have predicted a Duck blowout win. (On the other side, Elliott seemed to run through arm tackles all game and how many times did their big QB break away from a high tackle?).Come to think of it, we tackled fairly well ourselves in the OB. Good things result from tackling well.
And the Colts DB's were unbelievable. From what I saw, they were suffocating the Bronco receivers.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
So, at UF, Urban Meyer buried Cam Newton on the bench.

At OSU, Meyer was burying Cardale Jones on the depth chart until he lost QB1 and QB2.

Lesson here: If you sign with Urban Meyer, being the backup is a good thing.
At UF, Can Newton stole a laptop from a fraternity house room during a party and was suspended from the team. He was the backup to Tebow when they won the national championship. He announced he was transferring three days before their Sugar Bowl game. May want to check your facts on this one.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
At UF, Can Newton stole a laptop from a fraternity house room during a party and was suspended from the team. He was the backup to Tebow when they won the national championship. He announced he was transferring three days before their Sugar Bowl game. May want to check your facts on this one.

Yeah dude everyone knows that...the point of the post was, Urban has some stud backup QBs. (BTW, see bolded part of your post...you may want to read your own post before correcting someone else. You pretty much proved my point.)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
There were two games recently that impressed me, especially on the defensive side of the ball....the OSU game last night and the Colts D against the Broncos. OSU's defense tackled extremely well, there was little or no YAC. If you would have told anyone that OSU would lose the TO battle 4-0, most of us would have predicted a Duck blowout win. (On the other side, Elliott seemed to run through arm tackles all game and how many times did their big QB break away from a high tackle?).Come to think of it, we tackled fairly well ourselves in the OB. Good things result from tackling well.
And the Colts DB's were unbelievable. From what I saw, they were suffocating the Bronco receivers.
We’ll see how well that Colts defense responds next week. They gave up 200 yards and 4 TD’s to Jonas Gray last time they played the Patriots. Colts D is built to play the Broncos. Those corners are great and Manning looked bad. Wasn’t trying to exploit the middle of the field much at all.

With regards to Oregon, they looked like they didn’t prepare at all. Completely outcoached by Urban Meyer. Someone called it before the game (I think Herbstreit?) but redzone defense was the difference in the game. Ohio State was getting TD’s while Oregon was getting Field Goals. I’ve never seen a team lose the turnover battle 4 to 1 in a Championship game and still win like they did. I’m not 100% certain Ohio State could’ve won that game with J.T. Barrett at QB. I can’t count how many 3rd and 4th down conversions Cardale Jones single handedly converted. He looked like Frank Gore playing QB.