You guys are about to visit the worst atmosphere in the ACC

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
The UVA fan I work with has totally disassociated himself with football and is counting the days (with no confidence that it will actually happen) until they fire London. He consoles himself by immersing himself totally in basketball fandom, and with the team they've got, he has a lot to be excited about.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Do they still sell Zima inside the stadium?

Would you say that most uva fans have swallowed their own swords at this point, or just fantasize about it daily?

Is uva truly the epicenter of college cornhole?

I don't think Zima is made anymore? Also, you're kidding yourself if you think Zima didn't taste good. When you're first learning to drink, pregaming with Zima was just fine, and if you're too much of a tough guy to admit it, that's fine. I can live with myself knowing I enjoyed quite a few back in the day :)

I'll be honest. When I first heard about cornhole, it was the JMU guys playing it, not the UVa guys. JMU REALLY punches above its weightclass when it comes to partying/drinking games/etc. Partying at JMU was always one of those things where you had to have multiple places to crash locked up in advance, because you had literally no idea where the night was going to end up, or who you were going to fight/bang, or what insane story was going to come out of it.

(although, believe it or not, the craziest night on campus ever was at William and Mary of all places. The girls CLIMBED THE GIGANTIC STATUE BUTT NAKED so they could pee on it!)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
The UVA fan I work with has totally disassociated himself with football and is counting the days (with no confidence that it will actually happen) until they fire London. He consoles himself by immersing himself totally in basketball fandom, and with the team they've got, he has a lot to be excited about.

Steve? Is that you? Whoever you are, I'll see you tomorrow for the all-hands meeting.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
If Al Golden can be fired (I think it cost Miami an extra $4 million to get rid of him early, could be wrong), Mike London's number must be up, soon.

He'd probably be more beloved if Virginia played in the Atlantic. You lose FSU and Clemson each year but likely win most of the rest with the talent UVA has.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
If Al Golden can be fired (I think it cost Miami an extra $4 million to get rid of him early, could be wrong), Mike London's number must be up, soon.

He'd probably be more beloved if Virginia played in the Atlantic. You lose FSU and Clemson each year but likely win most of the rest with the talent UVA has.
...wait....you're not the same poodlface from "custom made" are you?

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Do they still sell Zima inside the stadium?

Would you say that most uva fans have swallowed their own swords at this point, or just fantasize about it daily?

Is uva truly the epicenter of college cornhole?

Are the UVA cheerleaders and/or dance squad members hot?

Why do they sing that New Year's Eve song after UVA scores points?

Did Horton really hear a 'Hoo, and who the **** is Horton?

I think I drank 1 Zima in my life. Are you sure drinking multiple Zimas didn't affect you in any physical, psychological, or social way?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Drank a few zimas when they first came out. Was back to beer only in a week or two. That stuff was just too sweet. Another fad that faded quick for me was gold schlagger....blurgh.

I cut my beer teeth on Old English 8 ball and Magnum malt liquor 40s though so what do I know? :)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Will UVa ever beat VT, please?

There is no sandbagging here. We are ranked at 47th and Virginia is at 91st. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

The UVa D is 52nd (compared to ours at 73rd). But the UVa O is 95th to ours at 23rd. Our ST took a jump up to 38th last week and UVa is at 77th. So we should score more than they do.......

What scares me is if there is a Fluke morgue feeling to the game with no fans there. I think our team does better with a lot of energy in the stands and kind of gets ADD when it seems like a scrimmage.

How many people /loud will the game be? More or less than the 39,000 for the Syracuse game? http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/746/index.html

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Will UVa ever beat VT, please?

There is no sandbagging here. We are ranked at 47th and Virginia is at 91st. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

The UVa D is 52nd (compared to ours at 73rd). But the UVa O is 95th to ours at 23rd. Our ST took a jump up to 38th last week and UVa is at 77th. So we should score more than they do.......

What scares me is if there is a Fluke morgue feeling to the game with no fans there. I think our team does better with a lot of energy in the stands and kind of gets ADD when it seems like a scrimmage.

How many people /loud will the game be? More or less than the 39,000 for the Syracuse game? http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/746/index.html

IMO there is a big flaw in their metrics if the rank our O 23rd and D 73d.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
UVA always scares me at Scott Stadium. Granted 2 years ago we pulled one out, but historically GT always seems to have issues up there. Yes, I know that each team /year stands on its own...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ahhh, yes, better like at the packed ND & Klimpsun games. :p

We fought in the ND and Clemson game a lot harder than the Fluke game IMHO. There seemed to be a lot more animation in our players for ND and Clemson. Maybe for Fluke we were hungover from ND and the weather was bad. But there was no one in the stands, so who knows.

I think it was 2011 when I went to both the @ Fluke and @ UVa game. We lost at UVa and barely won at Fluke but in both cases there seemed to be little enthusiasm on the sidelines. The stadiums were very quiet, Fluke more so, in both cases.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Are the UVA cheerleaders and/or dance squad members hot?

Why do they sing that New Year's Eve song after UVA scores points?

Did Horton really hear a 'Hoo, and who the **** is Horton?

I think I drank 1 Zima in my life. Are you sure drinking multiple Zimas didn't affect you in any physical, psychological, or social way?

Yes.

For the same reason you sing Golden Tech's fight song after you guys do.

I don't know about Horton, but Jon Oliver is the Grinch who apparently hates everybody in Hooville and wants them to be sad.

I am not in any way sure. It very well may have permanently wussified me. That said, it tasted good when I was 17.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I think it was 2011 when I went to both the @ Fluke and @ UVa game. We lost at UVa and barely won at Fluke but in both cases there seemed to be little enthusiasm on the sidelines. The stadiums were very quiet, Fluke more so, in both cases.

I thought UVa in 2011 was an upset as GT was ranked and Hooville stormed the field after the win.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Not buying it.

UVa will be a test. Just ask Notre Dame.

Our history in that chamber of horrors speaks for itself.

Nothing less than our best will do.

yep, we could easily screw this up--we are NOT big favorites and for good reason
we have an erratic offense and an erratic def,not to mention the STs--nothing would surprise me up there although it is more likely to be 30-10 Tech than va

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IMO there is a big flaw in their metrics if the rank our O 23rd and D 73d.

You probably have forgotten (as I wish I had) how Fluke and Pitt were able to cram the ball down our throats with smash mouth football to score TDs on first /early drives. That opened up a lot of other areas since we couldn't hold the center.

But to your point, Football Outsiders bases their rankings on yards per play and where the yards are accumulated. The number of plays in a game makes a big difference in how teams are rated.

Here by another source (cfb stats), we are 41st in total D when considering yards allowed per game. http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html
But we are 72nd (like Football Outsiders) when considering yards per play. http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort02.html