You Can’t Hide (#VTvsGT Uniforms)

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Have we wore gold jerseys in the Collins era? Can’t remember it’s been too many beers drank and yelling at how the play a lot of times to remember!!!

unnamed.jpg

2019. I won't even say which game because I don't wanna hear it...

Guy on another site said we were supposed to get new gold jerseys last year but there were covid production issues. I liked the ones pictured above but I don't think they were quite right.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
We ordered new gold uniforms on the correct uniform base “primeknit” and were supposed to receive them last year but they never ended up being completed due to covid issues. Adidas makes you order these things 1-2 years in advance. I’ve heard the news gold jerseys will be worn be at home vs UGA. Collins likes wearing the gold vs UGA. IIRC the adidas deal when signed said we would get new uniform template/outlines every 3 years. If that’s correct, we would most likely have slightly different uniforms next year.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
I personally think we should add a matte navy helmet with gold face masks, also would like to see new logos on the helmets such as the throwback “T” or putt the Buzz on the helmet. I think some grey uniforms with gold/navy helmets would look pretty killer for night games.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
We ordered new gold uniforms on the correct uniform base “primeknit” and were supposed to receive them last year but they never ended up being completed due to covid issues. Adidas makes you order these things 1-2 years in advance. I’ve heard the news gold jerseys will be worn be at home vs UGA. Collins likes wearing the gold vs UGA. IIRC the adidas deal when signed said we would get new uniform template/outlines every 3 years. If that’s correct, we would most likely have slightly different uniforms next year.
How reliable is this source about the gold vs uga? @Gt2019

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
How reliable is this source about the gold vs uga? @Gt2019
I’ve just heard it before from people I’ve heard other things that they were true about. Collins wanted a traditional gold jersey to always wear against our yearly traditional rivalry game but the 2019 gold jerseys were made on the wrong uniform base so he demanded it be re-done. Originally we were supposed to get at least 2 new uniforms this year. A brand new CHOA uniform set and a new Gold uniform set. I would not be shocked if we re-used the 2019 gold jerseys vs UGA tho.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If true, not doubting you, Gold vs UGA would be great to see. So would the black watch unis but I think that might not be the game to celebrate our historic defense lol.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
If true, not doubting you, Gold vs UGA would be great to see. So would the black watch unis but I think that might not be the game to celebrate our historic defense lol.
lol black watch may be out for the whole year the way our defense is playing. I hope too that we get the gold uniforms in before the uga game. Hopefully we start wearing them more often and bring it back into the rotation.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Should never have changed that uniform. Not one tiny thread.
Other than the GT on the helmet those really aren't that iconic to me. Don't get me wrong, I do like them. And I don't mean this in any way to belittle your opinion at all and just because they aren't iconic to me doesn't mean they aren't iconic to you. They just don't scream "GT" to me like the helmet does. Maybe that's because I only really started my GT fanhood in 1984 and since then there's not been one color combination and uniform combination that really has been iconic or uniquely GT. At least not to me.