Yet another CPJ vs CGC thread

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
This may be the wrong thread, so the mods may relocate it.

I am in Norway sightseeing and visiting friends. In a quirky moment yesterday I saw someone I assumed to be a tourist wearing a GT cap and stopped him to chat. He lives in Oslo! He asked me what I thought about coach Key and I said I am optimistic. He concurred. He added that Collins was a bad choice to follow Johnson, but wondered if anyone could have been successful with that transition. I have had that same thought during these past few seasons in spite of wanting Collins gone. Am I the only one?
Collins 2021 team would’ve made a bowl with literally anyone else coaching them.

Key goes 9-3 with that team.

Imagine Paul coaching them? Jahmyr, Jordan, Dontae, and Sims in the triple O? **** would’ve gone down.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Collins 2021 team would’ve made a bowl with literally anyone else coaching them.

Key goes 9-3 with that team.

Imagine Paul coaching them? Jahmyr, Jordan, Dontae, and Sims in the triple O? **** would’ve gone down.
You forgot Tobias Oliver, James Graham and later Yates, though he wasn’t there in 2018.

gorcone

Georgia Tech Fan
This may be the wrong thread, so the mods may relocate it.

I am in Norway sightseeing and visiting friends. In a quirky moment yesterday I saw someone I assumed to be a tourist wearing a GT cap and stopped him to chat. He lives in Oslo! He asked me what I thought about coach Key and I said I am optimistic. He concurred. He added that Collins was a bad choice to follow Johnson, but wondered if anyone could have been successful with that transition. I have had that same thought during these past few seasons in spite of wanting Collins gone. Am I the only one?
No.......Collins was horrible as a head coach.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Because we like beating a dead horse, I’ll pick up a whip and join in.

ANYBODY who know ANYTHING about FOOTBALL know that if Brent Key had taken over from CPJ we would not have had a single losing season. We would have gone seamlessly from one disciplined culture to another with a coach who gets the most out of the material at hand.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

ANYBODY who know ANYTHING about FOOTBALL know that if Brent Key had taken over from CPJ we would not have had a single losing season. We would have gone seamlessly from one disciplined culture to another with a coach who gets the most out of the material at hand.
I believe so, too.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I agree but Key wasn't getting hired then. Lack of HC experience (imo). If there is a bright spot to the previous reign of despair is that it set in motion the chain of events that has lead to Key being our coach now. He was in the right place at the right time. Then made the most of his opportunity.