Yellow Jackets Playoff Ranking and Projection

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Saturday, we have a chance to reach what many of us called a high water mark of 8 wins. Think about that for a minute. We have 3, maybe 4 if we get lucky, more games after that. We have a chance at an 11 or even a 12 win season, whoda thunk it?
I like your thinking, but slow your roll DCS

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The conclusion is right - we control our own bowl destiny. We win out and we get a damn good bowl ........ winning Coastal is possible but not likely (probably 1 in 6 chance) so let's just kick *** starting with NC State tomorrow.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Getting to 8 wins with still two left in the regular season is a really good goal right now. I am going to worry about the bowls later. I just want to finish 6-2 in the league and see what that gets us. For that to happen, obviously, we need to win tomorrow.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Getting to 8 wins with still two left in the regular season is a really good goal right now. I am going to worry about the bowls later. I just want to finish 6-2 in the league and see what that gets us. For that to happen, obviously, we need to win tomorrow.

Fwiw, you shifted your goal from 8 wins with 2 left to 9 wins with 1 left halfway thru.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fwiw, you shifted your goal from 8 wins with 2 left to 9 wins with 1 left halfway thru.
Maybe I didn't articulate myself well. I want to win today, for its own sake. That is what the "good goal right now" meant. You know, short term goal thinking. Then, if that happens, I want to get to 6-2 in the ACC to just give ourselves a chance to get to Charlotte. If that happens, I will want to beat the mutts. In general, I don't subscribe to "we need to get to 8 wins ( or 9 or whatever) to have a successful season" type of thinking. In any case, thanks for exposing the inconsistency of my statement.