WSJ Grid

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Paywalled. Where do we roughly fall? Should we feel shame?
GT is shown as 3 out of four boxes in the "weakling" category (next to the bottom), and 2 out of 4 on the "admirable" category.

Alabama is 4 out of 4 on both "powerhouse" and "admirable". The mutts are 4 out of 4 "powerhouse" and 2 out of 4 "embarrassing".

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Think it’s more a quantitative metric based on W/L vs expectations. Does NOT take into account the non-football metrics of why Army/Navy/Air Force will always be admirable.
The Powerhouse/Weakling is based on w/l. The Admirable/Embarrassing is based on:

The vertical axis is the “shame meter.” It’s a spicy indicator of how closely your team follows the rules, how athletes are doing in the classroom, how much the university subsidizes athletics at the expense of the general student body and whether students are excited enough to attend games.

It says they also included vaccination rates and sex scandal type stuff. (Which is the explanation for many Big10 teams listed as very embarrassing)

I have no idea why they ranked Army as basically in the middle of the Admirable/Embarrassing measurement.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The Powerhouse/Weakling is based on w/l. The Admirable/Embarrassing is based on:

It says they also included vaccination rates and sex scandal type stuff. (Which is the explanation for many Big10 teams listed as very embarrassing)

I have no idea why they ranked Army as basically in the middle of the Admirable/Embarrassing measurement.
Even with this description (which thank you for providing), how is uga not super embarrassing? They have all kinds of arrest in the off-season. Spurrier used to say he loved playing uga early because they’d have 3-4 started suspended

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Guys, I removed the grid and hope that you will refrain from posting or revealing anything on GTSwarm that you copied (or read) from copyrighted sources.

Thanks. Just for clarity, by 'revealing' I assume you mean revealing the image or word-for-word writing. I assume normal 'fair use' still applies and we can summarize what is written and even post a snippet or short sentence quote if the the topic of the post is to criticize or otherwise discuss the statement?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Thanks. Just for clarity, by 'revealing' I assume you mean revealing the image or word-for-word writing. I assume normal 'fair use' still applies and we can summarize what is written and even post a snippet or short sentence quote if the the topic of the post is to criticize or otherwise discuss the statement?
That is my understanding. Maybe @John or @CuseJacket will clarify the policy.