Wow UVA-Barn

LibertyTurns

Banned
I love how ESPN is criticizing the double dribble after the fact when nobody thought it was a double in real time. By rule it was a double.
I wasn’t real clear on how far the ball is supposed to get away from you before you no longer are presumed to have possession or doesn’t it matter?

Interesting from what I saw there was only 1 mention of the hand grab prior to the double dribble.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I wasn’t real clear on how far the ball is supposed to get away from you before you no longer are presumed to have possession or doesn’t it matter?

Interesting from what I saw there was only 1 mention of the hand grab prior to the double dribble.
It doesn’t matter if he lost possession. The ball was never touched by a defender and he picked the ball up with two hands before dribbling again. Had he just continued his dribble instead of grabbing the ball, it wouldn’t be a double dribble.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It doesn’t matter if he lost possession. The ball was never touched by a defender and he picked the ball up with two hands before dribbling again. Had he just continued his dribble instead of grabbing the ball, it wouldn’t be a double dribble.
I’m no expert and my memory is not what it used to be but I swear I’ve watched a ton of games where a ball has gotten away from a dribbler, not swatted away, and the guy went and grabbed the ball with 2 hands and proceeded to dribble again. I yell double dribble, my wife rolls her eyes and the game goes on. This is the very first time I’ve heard it become a topic of discussion. I know the circumstances are unique, just saying.

One a side note, hey Mr SEC school that’s used to getting blown or marginal calls going your way in football at critical moments in big games all the time. Sucks doesn’t it when the zebras are not on your side for once?